Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BShaw
    replied
    If you want to talk about the car as initially posted, go ahead. If you want to talk about Ebay go the Stove Hugger forum. If you want to get personal and nip at each others' heels, go to someone else's forum.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    If you want to talk about the car as initially posted, go ahead. If you want to talk about Ebay go the Stove Hugger forum. If you want to get personal and nip at each others' heels, go to someone else's forum.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Wow- poor wally.

Hope you feel better soon.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Wow- poor wally.

Hope you feel better soon.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    As Homer Simpson Would Say: Doh!

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    As Homer Simpson Would Say: Doh!

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by wally
    I Definitely Prefer That Auctions Truly Be Auctions, Not Rigged Sales In Favor Of The Seller, And Against The Buyers. Most Buyers Do, Too. I Am Sorry You Have Trouble With That Concept.
    How was this sale rigged???? You failed to bid enough to hit the sellers reserve and the auction ended without a sale. No rigging there, just a lack of bidding on your part. Rather than complain to the forum, perhaps you should examine your e-Bay bidding methodology and bid enough in the future to be sure that you hit the seller's reserve and win the item.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by wally
    I Definitely Prefer That Auctions Truly Be Auctions, Not Rigged Sales In Favor Of The Seller, And Against The Buyers. Most Buyers Do, Too. I Am Sorry You Have Trouble With That Concept.
    How was this sale rigged???? You failed to bid enough to hit the sellers reserve and the auction ended without a sale. No rigging there, just a lack of bidding on your part. Rather than complain to the forum, perhaps you should examine your e-Bay bidding methodology and bid enough in the future to be sure that you hit the seller's reserve and win the item.

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    Oh, Guido! What a Pleasant Surprise To See You Suddenly Appear On This Thread! I Was Worried That Something Musta Happened To You! Was About To Make Some Inquiries As To Your Whereabouts. Seriously, Folks-- I Definitely Prefer That Auctions Truly Be Auctions, Not Rigged Sales In Favor Of The Seller, And Against The Buyers. Most Buyers Do, Too. I Am Sorry You Have Trouble With That Concept.

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    Oh, Guido! What a Pleasant Surprise To See You Suddenly Appear On This Thread! I Was Worried That Something Musta Happened To You! Was About To Make Some Inquiries As To Your Whereabouts. Seriously, Folks-- I Definitely Prefer That Auctions Truly Be Auctions, Not Rigged Sales In Favor Of The Seller, And Against The Buyers. Most Buyers Do, Too. I Am Sorry You Have Trouble With That Concept.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I seem to be missing something here..... you state you were the high bidder but you did not "win" the auction. If it was an auction with a reserve (which will be clearly stated) and it did not hit the reserve, you were merely the high bidder on a no sale item. Once the sale has concluded and if the reserve was not met, the seller has no further obligation to e-Bay or YOU.

While common courtesy would be to respond, he is under no obligation to do so or to sell the item to you. If you want the item, bid to the reserve amount or accept that the owner values the item higher than you do (which is certainly his/her right). I seem to sense sour grapes on your part and unfortunately your interjection is not on topic with this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I seem to be missing something here..... you state you were the high bidder but you did not "win" the auction. If it was an auction with a reserve (which will be clearly stated) and it did not hit the reserve, you were merely the high bidder on a no sale item. Once the sale has concluded and if the reserve was not met, the seller has no further obligation to e-Bay or YOU.

While common courtesy would be to respond, he is under no obligation to do so or to sell the item to you. If you want the item, bid to the reserve amount or accept that the owner values the item higher than you do (which is certainly his/her right). I seem to sense sour grapes on your part and unfortunately your interjection is not on topic with this thread.

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Why does it HAVE to be an auction? It's just a marketplace that sellers try to use to their best advantage- like any other selling tool. Nothing more or less.

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Why does it HAVE to be an auction? It's just a marketplace that sellers try to use to their best advantage- like any other selling tool. Nothing more or less.

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    I see your point: If someone lists their 398-point Speedster on Ebay, and in the meantime, the entire U.S. has an Earthquake measuring 8.2 on the Richter Scale, they would NOT want some Lucky Dog from say, Holland buying it for a mere $50, simply because potential buyers were preoccupied with a Natural Disaster. THAT, I can understand. What I'm objecting to is sellers going in there and using EBAy to market their parts, and circumventing the process. It is supposed to be an auction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X