X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order codes

I have deciphered all codes on my 57H C3 build sheet with 2 exceptions:
    T5754A RDV24 and XAC 2841
    No code explanation found for these 2, does anyone know what they denote? Thank you in advance

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
    Lancaster,CA
    1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

Dennis:

The easy one is XAC2841. AC2841 is the number for the "regular" full wheel covers that were pretty much standard on any 1957 Studebaker passenger car ordered with optional full wheel covers. "X" denotes that they were not factory installed; they were placed in the trunk when the car was shipped, for dealer installation before delivery at the car's destination.

T5754A is the Trim number. I cannot decode all of that. RDV24 probably denotes Red Vinyl Trim, but I am unable to decode the 24. [V] Perhaps others will have more thorough trim code "decoders" and will post accordingly.

Nonetheless, T5754A and RDV24 indentify the car's interior trim materials and colors. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dennis:

The easy one is XAC2841. AC2841 is the number for the "regular" full wheel covers that were pretty much standard on any 1957 Studebaker passenger car ordered with optional full wheel covers. "X" denotes that they were not factory installed; they were placed in the trunk when the car was shipped, for dealer installation before delivery at the car's destination.

T5754A is the Trim number. I cannot decode all of that. RDV24 probably denotes Red Vinyl Trim, but I am unable to decode the 24. [V] Perhaps others will have more thorough trim code "decoders" and will post accordingly.

Nonetheless, T5754A and RDV24 indentify the car's interior trim materials and colors. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The AC2841 are the wheel covers (some people call them hub caps). The "X" prefix means they were uninstalled (placed in trunk for dealer installation). As for the T5754A RDV24 just the factory code for the red vinyl trim (some people call it upholstery).

Richard Quinn
        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The AC2841 are the wheel covers (some people call them hub caps). The "X" prefix means they were uninstalled (placed in trunk for dealer installation). As for the T5754A RDV24 just the factory code for the red vinyl trim (some people call it upholstery).

Richard Quinn
          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

BOB,
            Thanks ! Further data for the interior trim code won't be necessary,
            just wanted to know what the codes designated.
            Build sheet specifies it came with Twin Traction which is a good thing to know if I should decide to make a 1/4 mile strip run with it someday []

Lancaster,CA

Comment

BOB,
              Thanks ! Further data for the interior trim code won't be necessary,
              just wanted to know what the codes designated.
              Build sheet specifies it came with Twin Traction which is a good thing to know if I should decide to make a 1/4 mile strip run with it someday []

Lancaster,CA

Comment

That confirms my suspicions in my email that I was too unsure of to post, Dennis. Pretty close codes to my build sheet in the fall of 1959. You got the experts to you right away!

Comment

That confirms my suspicions in my email that I was too unsure of to post, Dennis. Pretty close codes to my build sheet in the fall of 1959. You got the experts to you right away!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

[:0] That probably is some kind of record, Dave and Dennis. If you look at the internet time stamps, Dick Quinn and I posted within 43 seconds of each other...and roughly 20 minutes after you posed your questions! (This forum defines speed... [^]...well, that is if the questions are easy!) [8D]BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

[:0] That probably is some kind of record, Dave and Dennis. If you look at the internet time stamps, Dick Quinn and I posted within 43 seconds of each other...and roughly 20 minutes after you posed your questions! (This forum defines speed... [^]...well, that is if the questions are easy!) [8D]BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

YES- speed, indeed !
                        I will attempt to ask only easy questions in the future to maintain the rapid response format ![8D]

Lancaster,CA

Comment

YES- speed, indeed !
                          I will attempt to ask only easy questions in the future to maintain the rapid response format ![8D]

Lancaster,CA

Comment

Working...
                          X