Can anyone use an oil filter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone use an oil filter..

..for their 1965 or 1966 6 cylinder car? I recently bought a couple oil filters advertised "AC-3300" and while the box IS an AC-3300 for one of them, the filter inside is a beautiful red Studebaker 1564488 for the GM 6 cylinder engines. It will not work on my 289. It would have worked on my 1966 Chevy van that I had back in 1974,(long gone) but if anyone wants it for $10, I will gladly ship it to a good Canadian built car's home.

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

..for their 1965 or 1966 6 cylinder car? I recently bought a couple oil filters advertised "AC-3300" and while the box IS an AC-3300 for one of them, the filter inside is a beautiful red Studebaker 1564488 for the GM 6 cylinder engines. It will not work on my 289. It would have worked on my 1966 Chevy van that I had back in 1974,(long gone) but if anyone wants it for $10, I will gladly ship it to a good Canadian built car's home.
    Well, Dave, if nothing else, you'll find out who is meticulously restoring a 1965/1966 Studebaker Six and insists on a Corvette-restorer-like, manufacturer-sourced, oil filter! [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Well, Dave, if nothing else, you'll find out who is meticulously restoring a 1965/1966 Studebaker Six and insists on a Corvette-restorer-like, manufacturer-sourced, oil filter! [:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for your filter identifying help, Bob, my parts books only went to '64. You've also been a great steering column swap help since last summer, the result as seen above. Thanks again...
        Everyone near me with a 65-66 had a V/8. I already HAVE a taker from the forum..just five minutes ago. Glad it can find a happy place to free flow!

Comment

Thanks for your filter identifying help, Bob, my parts books only went to '64. You've also been a great steering column swap help since last summer, the result as seen above. Thanks again...
          Everyone near me with a 65-66 had a V/8. I already HAVE a taker from the forum..just five minutes ago. Glad it can find a happy place to free flow!

Comment

Working...
          X