part # help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part # help, please

I'm looking for a tail light bezel for my '50 Champion and there is one listed on EBay as part number 289760, but the seller is listing it as for a 48. It looks just like mine, is it the same? Thanks.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

The p/n for the tail light rim for a 1950 9G is 289760, as indicated above. If you are looking for one that needs to be chrome plated you are usually better off to find one that was painted from the factory. The pot metal is usually in better condition.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT R1
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

The p/n for the tail light rim for a 1950 9G is 289760, as indicated above. If you are looking for one that needs to be chrome plated you are usually better off to find one that was painted from the factory. The pot metal is usually in better condition.

Perry
      '23 Special Six,
      '50 Business Champ,
      '50 Starlight Champ,
      '60 Lark droptop,
      '63 GT R1
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champ,
      \'50 Starlight Champ,
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Thank you. It's already chromed, and I'm just looking for driver quality, so all's well.

Comment

Thank you. It's already chromed, and I'm just looking for driver quality, so all's well.

Comment

If it looks like yours, then it probably is. The taillight bezels for 47-8-9s were TOTALLY different. [^] BTW, the book shows that part number to be specific to 1950 only. There would be a suffix letter on that number - W for chrome and P for painted.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If it looks like yours, then it probably is. The taillight bezels for 47-8-9s were TOTALLY different. [^] BTW, the book shows that part number to be specific to 1950 only. There would be a suffix letter on that number - W for chrome and P for painted.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Due to the two comments on the part number, I am confident it is the one I want for my '50. I've learned enough to know it doesn't have the Commander reflector, and it has only 3 mounting holes. Thanks again for your input. I'm not telling the seller he is wrong, someone else might compete with me bidding. I know none of you would......

Comment

Due to the two comments on the part number, I am confident it is the one I want for my '50. I've learned enough to know it doesn't have the Commander reflector, and it has only 3 mounting holes. Thanks again for your input. I'm not telling the seller he is wrong, someone else might compete with me bidding. I know none of you would......

Comment

Working...
                  X