X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green53
    replied
    There is a company that sells what they call a 57 Studebaker President body. That is probably what you saw. Chester and myself had our carts assembled by a friend in Texas. The bodies came from a company in Florida that think may now be out of business as they got into a legal hastle with GM over selling 57 Chevy bodies and not paying the royalty. People down here in AZ tease me because we had the carts built with a trunk and no bag holders. I had mine at the Southwest Zone Meet in Mesa two years ago.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• Green53
    replied
    There is a company that sells what they call a 57 Studebaker President body. That is probably what you saw. Chester and myself had our carts assembled by a friend in Texas. The bodies came from a company in Florida that think may now be out of business as they got into a legal hastle with GM over selling 57 Chevy bodies and not paying the royalty. People down here in AZ tease me because we had the carts built with a trunk and no bag holders. I had mine at the Southwest Zone Meet in Mesa two years ago.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    I am not a golfer, so I'd rather have a Studebaker Golf
    shirt!Cost a lot less than 6,300

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

So would most regular full-size, real-thing 1957 Stude sedans!
    Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    shirt!Cost a lot less than 6,300

So would most regular full-size, real-thing 1957 Stude sedans!
    Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• CHAMP
    replied
    shirt!Cost a lot less than 6,300 [8D]

Leave a comment:

• CHAMP
    replied
    shirt!Cost a lot less than 6,300 [8D]

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    Hey Mark, here is what the back looks like. A combination of Studebaker Golden Hawk, Chevy and 59 Caddy!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, centralvirginiachapter.org

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    Hey Mark, here is what the back looks like. A combination of Studebaker Golden Hawk, Chevy and 59 Caddy!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, centralvirginiachapter.org

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

The company that sells the nose and tail molds has them listed as a Studebaker. It's the golf cart builder that markets and sells it as a Chevy. Most golfers can't tell the difference anyways[}]
    They are being built and sold all over the country...but on a local level.
    Jeff[8D]

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

While driving on Rt. 1 in Richmond, Virginia today, I spotted some golf carts that looked like 57 Studebakers. One was red and the other was turquoise. I stopped at the business and inquired. I spoke with Mr. Wood and seemed surprised that I thought they were Studebakers. He said they called them 57 Chevys. They sure look like Studebakers to me. He said the price is $6,300.00. ( probably twice the price of a real 57 President when it was new! )

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

The company that sells the nose and tail molds has them listed as a Studebaker. It's the golf cart builder that markets and sells it as a Chevy. Most golfers can't tell the difference anyways[}]
    They are being built and sold all over the country...but on a local level.
    Jeff[8D]

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

While driving on Rt. 1 in Richmond, Virginia today, I spotted some golf carts that looked like 57 Studebakers. One was red and the other was turquoise. I stopped at the business and inquired. I spoke with Mr. Wood and seemed surprised that I thought they were Studebakers. He said they called them 57 Chevys. They sure look like Studebakers to me. He said the price is $6,300.00. ( probably twice the price of a real 57 President when it was new! )

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Looks Studebaker to me. I'd like to see more of the back, but even the fins looks Studebaker.

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Looks Studebaker to me. I'd like to see more of the back, but even the fins looks Studebaker.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    sure look like a stude to me ...but there is that bowtie on there...

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    sure look like a stude to me ...but there is that bowtie on there...

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Here's a possibility: The legal (read: Royalties) ramifications of making them look any more like "57 Chevys" than they do. Nobody has to pay royalties or worry about legalities if they make something that looks like a 1957 Studebaker, but they'd better not make anything and identify it as "57 Chevy" unless they want to hear from some legal entity representing Generous Motors. Just a thought... BP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X