Funny ebay moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny ebay moment

Just got a message from ebay saying a R2 Avanti I'd been bidding on had a Buy It Now added. Wow, I rapidly clicked on the link to not miss it, and saw the 42K BIN. Oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320225038306

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

AS one of my friends used to say," It would be a bargain at half the price!"

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

AS one of my friends used to say," It would be a bargain at half the price!"

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
          sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

From the Q & A:

Q: Where can I see the car, if it still for sale?
            Answered on Mar-12-08
            A: As of this moment, car is still for sale and worth every bit of $42,000.00!!!

Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
            http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
            Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

From the Q & A:

Q: Where can I see the car, if it still for sale?
              Answered on Mar-12-08
              A: As of this moment, car is still for sale and worth every bit of $42,000.00!!!

Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA
              Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
              http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
              Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Very nice car but with about 3 hours left to bid I doubt it will make it anywhere near the BIN

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Just got a message from ebay saying a R2 Avanti I'd been bidding on had a Buy It Now added. Wow, I rapidly clicked on the link to not miss it, and saw the 42K BIN. Oh well.

JDP/Maryland
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,839.60
                63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                63 Lark 2 door
                57 Wagon

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

Very nice car but with about 3 hours left to bid I doubt it will make it anywhere near the BIN

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  57 Wagon

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

Let's see if it ends up between NADA average and high retail. 21K and 32K.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Let's see if it ends up between NADA average and high retail. 21K and 32K.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

This particular car does nothing for me, but how cool would it be to buy a car from, and speak directly to, the person who bought it brand new 40-plus years ago? I'd pick it up in person, video camera rolling[8D]

I've always wondered what people think when they have a car for many decades- especially when they bought it new- and then sell it? How many sell because they're in tough times and see no alternative, or because they have no attatchment but are looking to cash in big? Or does it just come time, after 40 years, to just move on?

I've known a few who feel they've gotten too old to enjoy or care for their car anymore, and sell for that reason. Sad but realistic

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

This particular car does nothing for me, but how cool would it be to buy a car from, and speak directly to, the person who bought it brand new 40-plus years ago? I'd pick it up in person, video camera rolling[8D]

I've always wondered what people think when they have a car for many decades- especially when they bought it new- and then sell it? How many sell because they're in tough times and see no alternative, or because they have no attatchment but are looking to cash in big? Or does it just come time, after 40 years, to just move on?

I've known a few who feel they've gotten too old to enjoy or care for their car anymore, and sell for that reason. Sad but realistic

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Howard; Where I come from the saying was cheap at half the price.Give me a call when you get a chance.

Comment

Howard; Where I come from the saying was cheap at half the price.Give me a call when you get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X