Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Buyer From Sweden

JDP,
    I noticed that you recently sold an Avanti mirror to a man in Sweden. He bought a 7 # item from me. Do you remember about the difference in shippping costs to Sweden? USPS shows $39.00 up. Were there any other charges? He gave me a Visa Card # for pay.
    Allen

I just print the usps postage online for all my foreign shipments. $39.00 sound about right.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

I just print the usps postage online for all my foreign shipments. $39.00 sound about right.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
      63 Lark 2 door
      57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

sounds like a bargin to me. I recently sent a 1920s table top radio to Italy and it cost me $250!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

sounds like a bargin to me. I recently sent a 1920s table top radio to Italy and it cost me $250!

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I sold a ratty 1950 2R5 pickup to George O. who in turn shipped it to a buyer who ran a "junque" shop in Sweden. It went into a container with another car and loads of "junque". He placed it outside his place of business as advertising. Turns out he didn't pay his taxes and the Swedish equivalent of the IRS seized it and sold it off. [:0]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I sold a ratty 1950 2R5 pickup to George O. who in turn shipped it to a buyer who ran a "junque" shop in Sweden. It went into a container with another car and loads of "junque". He placed it outside his place of business as advertising. Turns out he didn't pay his taxes and the Swedish equivalent of the IRS seized it and sold it off. [:0]

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

A friend of mine Ebayed six cast iron hit-and-miss flywheels. I think the winning bid was near $20.
                The buyer was from somewhere in Europe. He operates a small factory using power from a waterwheel. He prepaid the $390 shipping and was tickled with his purchase.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

A friend of mine Ebayed six cast iron hit-and-miss flywheels. I think the winning bid was near $20.
                  The buyer was from somewhere in Europe. He operates a small factory using power from a waterwheel. He prepaid the $390 shipping and was tickled with his purchase.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I caught that too. That's one way to get caught by the IRS. How much do you suppose he pulled in the auction?

Comment

I caught that too. That's one way to get caught by the IRS. How much do you suppose he pulled in the auction?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:I went into a container with another car and loads of "junque".
                        How did you get back?
                        It was just a quick "dumster dive".

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:I went into a container with another car and loads of "junque".
                          How did you get back?
                          It was just a quick "dumster dive".

Comment

Working...
                          X