AM-FM SOLD ON EBAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM-FM SOLD ON EBAY!

There was a AM-FM Studebaker radio on Ebay this past week that sold for $1037!!! I guess I'll be using an FM converter (and even one of those went for $138...[:0]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

How about a set of glass packs and a radio delete plate. Better sound than any radio.

Comment

How about a set of glass packs and a radio delete plate. Better sound than any radio.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

[:0] And much cheaper, too, it would appear, Wayne! [8D]BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

[:0] And much cheaper, too, it would appear, Wayne! [8D]BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

And to think that Studebakers were once an inexpensive part of the automotive hobby... [V]

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

And to think that Studebakers were once an inexpensive part of the automotive hobby... [V]

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

And not even a 1964 model. Maybe I should sell mine. I know it works.

Claude Chmielewski
                Studeski
                http://www.studeski.com
                Fillmore, Wisconsin
                47 M-16 Truck
                62 GT Hawk
                63 Lark
                64 Commander Wagonaire
                50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
                "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
                communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
                honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
                matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
                much in fashion anymore."
                sigpic
                Claude Chmielewski
                Studeski
                Fillmore, Wisconsin
                47 M-16 Truck
                53 2R5
                60 Lark VIII Convertible
                60 5E7 Champ pickup
                62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                63 Lark
                63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                64 Commander Wagonaire
                64 Daytona Convertible
                36 Dictator
                36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

And not even a 1964 model. Maybe I should sell mine. I know it works.

Claude Chmielewski
                  Studeski
                  Fillmore, Wisconsin
                  47 M-16 Truck
                  62 GT Hawk
                  63 Lark
                  64 Commander Wagonaire
                  [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
                  "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
                  communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
                  honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
                  matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
                  much in fashion anymore."
                  sigpic
                  Claude Chmielewski
                  Studeski
                  Fillmore, Wisconsin
                  47 M-16 Truck
                  53 2R5
                  60 Lark VIII Convertible
                  60 5E7 Champ pickup
                  62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  63 Lark
                  63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                  64 Commander Wagonaire
                  64 Daytona Convertible
                  36 Dictator
                  36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Makes no sense to me! For a couple hundred you can get a new, top-notch unit. Have a nice stock AM in the dash and hide the modern, much better quality one for actual use!

I just don't get it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Makes no sense to me! For a couple hundred you can get a new, top-notch unit. Have a nice stock AM in the dash and hide the modern, much better quality one for actual use!

I just don't get it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I think we're seeing a trend here....I'm not so sure its a good one, but leave that and relate what was mused over at York this year.....And some of this is personal sales for me @ York. Simply stated: the economy has shaken the mid and lower folks quite a bit. That available dispensable income left is prevalent at the top and seen by higher end items selling as if there were no economic pressures at all. Those folks with "deep" pockets really don't care what an item sells for if they need it to finish off a restoration that's north of $25-30K. I expect to see the occasional defiance from the norm, but to be just that; the exception, not the norm. I'll stop here and excuse myself from "Crystal Ball" theories.......

Comment

I think we're seeing a trend here....I'm not so sure its a good one, but leave that and relate what was mused over at York this year.....And some of this is personal sales for me @ York. Simply stated: the economy has shaken the mid and lower folks quite a bit. That available dispensable income left is prevalent at the top and seen by higher end items selling as if there were no economic pressures at all. Those folks with "deep" pockets really don't care what an item sells for if they need it to finish off a restoration that's north of $25-30K. I expect to see the occasional defiance from the norm, but to be just that; the exception, not the norm. I'll stop here and excuse myself from "Crystal Ball" theories.......

Comment

Someone posted a site that does hidden stereo systems. I do believe they were a lot cheaper than $1000.00. I can't find that thread. Lets see, in 64 dollars, a thousand bucks would be...........

Comment

Someone posted a site that does hidden stereo systems. I do believe they were a lot cheaper than $1000.00. I can't find that thread. Lets see, in 64 dollars, a thousand bucks would be...........

Comment

Working...
                              X