This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in a tree

My father-in-law graciously provided me with this picture since mine was misplaced. This is the Kentucky Studebaker in a Tree, located near Clay City, Kentucky. Rumor is that tree grew and lifted the car off the ground, but I doubt it

Either a 42 or 46 Champion I think.

That's likly what happened, I've seen it before.

Studebaker On The Net
    http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
    Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2 (Sold)
    63 Daytona HT
    63 Lark 2 dr.
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    59 3E Truck
    57 Silver Hawk
    53 Starliner
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Comment

That's likly what happened, I've seen it before.

Studebaker On The Net
      http://stude.com
      Studebaker News Group
      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
      Arnold Md.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Avanti R1/AC
      63 Avanti R2 (Sold)
      63 Daytona HT
      63 Lark 2 dr.
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark convert
      60 Hawk
      59 3E Truck
      57 Silver Hawk
      53 Starliner
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      JDP Maryland

Comment

This car was part of an article not that long ago in Turning Wheels.
        Maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

5E13
        7E7
        8E7
        8E12
        8E28
        4E2
        59 Lark
        etc

Comment

This car was part of an article not that long ago in Turning Wheels.
          Maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

5E13
          7E7
          8E7
          8E12
          8E28
          4E2
          59 Lark
          etc

Comment

That would sure be a slow way to jack up a car!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

That would sure be a slow way to jack up a car!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

If the tree grew up under the car it would have bent away from it. Also, if that was the case, how did the sheet metal disk get between the two? That tree has to be at least fifty years old. The disk would have rusted away. looks more like someone winched it up there as a joke.

Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If the tree grew up under the car it would have bent away from it. Also, if that was the case, how did the sheet metal disk get between the two? That tree has to be at least fifty years old. The disk would have rusted away. looks more like someone winched it up there as a joke.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Trees aren't like people. If you put a nail in a tree's trunk at the height of your Studebaker door handle tomorrow and drive up next to the tree 50 years from now it will still be at the door handle height. That, in spite of the fact the tree may have grown another 50' or so over those years.

Gerry
                    NE Colorado

Comment

Trees aren't like people. If you put a nail in a tree's trunk at the height of your Studebaker door handle tomorrow and drive up next to the tree 50 years from now it will still be at the door handle height. That, in spite of the fact the tree may have grown another 50' or so over those years.

Gerry
                      NE Colorado

Comment

It would be tough to make a romantic scene of carving your initials and your girlfriend's initials in the tree trunk and coming back twenty years later to find them ten feet higher up in the tree.[:X]
                        Trees grow from the growing tips at the ends of the branches.[B)]

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

It would be tough to make a romantic scene of carving your initials and your girlfriend's initials in the tree trunk and coming back twenty years later to find them ten feet higher up in the tree.[:X]
                          Trees grow from the growing tips at the ends of the branches.[B)]

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Think about it this way. How many times have you seen old barb wire that was part of an old fence line embedded in a tree? Even after many years it is still at the same height it was when first strung. If the tree grew from the bottom, farmers would have to add a new bottom strand every few years to keep the cows from walking under the fence.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Think about it this way. How many times have you seen old barb wire that was part of an old fence line embedded in a tree? Even after many years it is still at the same height it was when first strung. If the tree grew from the bottom, farmers would have to add a new bottom strand every few years to keep the cows from walking under the fence.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X