Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Mark57
    [br
    Geez Bob, better be careful - with that kind of deal you might get a bunch of us flying out there - you'll have to convert Sanford into a Bus!
    Well, come on wit' it- the more the merrier!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57
      [br
      Geez Bob, better be careful - with that kind of deal you might get a bunch of us flying out there - you'll have to convert Sanford into a Bus!
      Well, come on wit' it- the more the merrier!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Been there, one time. I don't care what they say, PA is a great place to visit. It sure isn't the BIGGEST swap meet on Earth, by any means. But, it is to-the-point, because York has waaaay more Studebaker parts and Studebaker People than any all-makes swap meet I have ever attended.

Comment

Been there, one time. I don't care what they say, PA is a great place to visit. It sure isn't the BIGGEST swap meet on Earth, by any means. But, it is to-the-point, because York has waaaay more Studebaker parts and Studebaker People than any all-makes swap meet I have ever attended.

Comment

That is far from being dressed for winter. Trust me on this one, I am from MN.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
            58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
            58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
            62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

That is far from being dressed for winter. Trust me on this one, I am from MN.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
              58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
              58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
              62 Daytona (White)
              63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Right on, 58. It was about 38-40 degrees with clear, sunny skies, not a lick of snow anywhere. It also was rather windy, which was cold, but without that it would have been downright pleasant!

I ended up leaving early as my employees called and told me we were getting heavy snow at the time, and I'd better get started home.

So, it's all in your perspective, I guess!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Right on, 58. It was about 38-40 degrees with clear, sunny skies, not a lick of snow anywhere. It also was rather windy, which was cold, but without that it would have been downright pleasant!

I ended up leaving early as my employees called and told me we were getting heavy snow at the time, and I'd better get started home.

So, it's all in your perspective, I guess!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Bob,

It was a bit colder on Friday, but the wind was the real issue. WHEN the sun DID shine and the wind died down it was pleasant, otherwise it was a bit "nippy".

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Bob,

It was a bit colder on Friday, but the wind was the real issue. WHEN the sun DID shine and the wind died down it was pleasant, otherwise it was a bit "nippy".

Gary

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Speaking of York, I finally got my rollback home tonight. To expedite things, I had a mobile mechanic put the new fuel lift pump on it Thursday so I could have my wife drop me off and bring it home.

After I met the mechanic there and paid him the truck would not start. I check both fuel filters and they were low. Filled them up and was able to get the truck to crank. However, it died within 2 minutes. Would not start and filled the filters again with the same result.

Pulled the pump and was able to actuate the arm and get fuel. Filled the filters again and got it started only to have it die again. Tried another time with the same result. Put a test light on the kill switch and was getting power but could not hear of feel it "click". I pulled the housing and pulled the spring off the switch and put everything back together and filled the filters again. Once again it started and then died in a little over a minute.

Filled the filters again and checked my lines and filters for tightness. Turns out the line from the primary filter was loose (from when it first died at the pump) and upon tightening it, off I went. My wife and youngest daughter waited 2 hours for me to do all this, but at least I got the truck home.

So you are saying it was sucking air. Very common problem.

Claude Chmielewski
                        Studeski
                        http://www.studeski.com
                        Fillmore, Wisconsin
                        47 M-16 Truck
                        62 GT Hawk
                        63 Lark
                        64 Commander Wagonaire
                        50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                        [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
                        "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
                        communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
                        honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
                        matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
                        much in fashion anymore."
                        sigpic
                        Claude Chmielewski
                        Studeski
                        Fillmore, Wisconsin
                        47 M-16 Truck
                        53 Commander Regal HT
                        53 2R5
                        60 Lark VIII Convertible
                        60 5E7 Champ pickup
                        62 5E7 Champ no box
                        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                        63 Lark VI parts car
                        63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                        64 Commander Wagonaire
                        64 Daytona Convertible
                        36 Dictator
                        36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Speaking of York, I finally got my rollback home tonight. To expedite things, I had a mobile mechanic put the new fuel lift pump on it Thursday so I could have my wife drop me off and bring it home.

After I met the mechanic there and paid him the truck would not start. I check both fuel filters and they were low. Filled them up and was able to get the truck to crank. However, it died within 2 minutes. Would not start and filled the filters again with the same result.

Pulled the pump and was able to actuate the arm and get fuel. Filled the filters again and got it started only to have it die again. Tried another time with the same result. Put a test light on the kill switch and was getting power but could not hear of feel it "click". I pulled the housing and pulled the spring off the switch and put everything back together and filled the filters again. Once again it started and then died in a little over a minute.

Filled the filters again and checked my lines and filters for tightness. Turns out the line from the primary filter was loose (from when it first died at the pump) and upon tightening it, off I went. My wife and youngest daughter waited 2 hours for me to do all this, but at least I got the truck home.

So you are saying it was sucking air. Very common problem.

Claude Chmielewski
                          Studeski
                          Fillmore, Wisconsin
                          47 M-16 Truck
                          62 GT Hawk
                          63 Lark
                          64 Commander Wagonaire
                          [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
                          "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
                          communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
                          honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
                          matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
                          much in fashion anymore."
                          sigpic
                          Claude Chmielewski
                          Studeski
                          Fillmore, Wisconsin
                          47 M-16 Truck
                          53 Commander Regal HT
                          53 2R5
                          60 Lark VIII Convertible
                          60 5E7 Champ pickup
                          62 5E7 Champ no box
                          62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                          63 Lark VI parts car
                          63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                          64 Commander Wagonaire
                          64 Daytona Convertible
                          36 Dictator
                          36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Claude,

When it first died I had cracked the fuel line past the filter that is mounted on the radiator support. When I realized I was not getting fuel, I had a guy tow me out of the fuel lane. In my haste I forgot to tighten the line back up. It was not leaking fuel, but it was drawing air in. The truck ran fine for the 30 mile trip back home.

Gary

Comment

Claude,

When it first died I had cracked the fuel line past the filter that is mounted on the radiator support. When I realized I was not getting fuel, I had a guy tow me out of the fuel lane. In my haste I forgot to tighten the line back up. It was not leaking fuel, but it was drawing air in. The truck ran fine for the 30 mile trip back home.

Gary

Comment

Bob,

I agree Gary. I'm so forgettable you forgot I was there also Friday

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                                X