This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, first post. Reedsville update

Hello everyone, This is my first time on here, a fact that some may find hard to believe. I am usualy very active on a Hammand Organ site and presume that this will work in the same manor.

I just want to bring everyone up to date on the Reedsville Meet. I am sure that most of you are aware that we had to change the dates from November to the weekend of October 27, and 28. This change was because of Penn State home games being scheduled. When there is a home game we have no motel rooms in the area. We do have a few flea market spaces available at this time due to the date change, but I am sure that they will be filled to the usual over flowing by meet time. If anyone is looking to sell some stuff, now would be a good time! This year I have had alot of requests for info from people who have never attended before, far more than usual.

Also, I am going to offer my two E-40 dump trucks for sale at the show. Neither will be at the show, but can be viewed at my shop (well, sort of). Both trucks are currently buried (as only I can bury) and I really doubt that I get either of them cleared out in time. I have a very poor pic of the one. Both would run, but not stop, and would need restoration (except both have good motors). They are unusal in that they were both bought new by the same person. One originaly was a 5th wheel tractor to pull a coal trailer and the other a coal dump truck. I am the second owner of the dump and the third owner of the truck that was originaly a tractor, I have owned this truck since the early '70's. I have known both these trucks since new. If anyone is interested you may contact me direct or look for my for sale sign at Reedsvile. Please do not confuse these trucks with my smaller one ton dump truck. It is not for sale.

Studemax

Max,

I have been looking for a Stude road tractor for some time. How easy would it be to convert this one back? Is it set up with air brakes or an air system?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Max,

I have been looking for a Stude road tractor for some time. How easy would it be to convert this one back? Is it set up with air brakes or an air system?

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Max,
        Are the vendors going to be harassed by the State of Pennsylvania tax collectors? (Like at York)....
        Being a good guy I pre-paid in 2004 for the 2005 York deal. I was handed over to the tax division who has hassled me monthly ever since.
        And I sent them 'their' $33 cut for nuthin'.
        That alone will make me not go to another Stude swap meet (or any swap meet) in Pennsylvania...including Reedsville.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studemax

Hello everyone, This is my first time on here, a fact that some may find hard to believe. I am usualy very active on a Hammand Organ site and presume that this will work in the same manor.

I just want to bring everyone up to date on the Reedsville Meet. I am sure that most of you are aware that we had to change the dates from November to the weekend of October 27, and 28. This change was because of Penn State home games being scheduled. When there is a home game we have no motel rooms in the area. We do have a few flea market spaces available at this time due to the date change, but I am sure that they will be filled to the usual over flowing by meet time. If anyone is looking to sell some stuff, now would be a good time! This year I have had alot of requests for info from people who have never attended before, far more than usual.

Also, I am going to offer my two E-40 dump trucks for sale at the show. Neither will be at the show, but can be viewed at my shop (well, sort of). Both trucks are currently buried (as only I can bury) and I really doubt that I get either of them cleared out in time. I have a very poor pic of the one. Both would run, but not stop, and would need restoration (except both have good motors). They are unusal in that they were both bought new by the same person. One originaly was a 5th wheel tractor to pull a coal trailer and the other a coal dump truck. I am the second owner of the dump and the third owner of the truck that was originaly a tractor, I have owned this truck since the early '70's. I have known both these trucks since new. If anyone is interested you may contact me direct or look for my for sale sign at Reedsvile. Please do not confuse these trucks with my smaller one ton dump truck. It is not for sale.

Studemax

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
        Brooklet, Georgia
        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
        '61 Hawk (project)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Max,
          Are the vendors going to be harassed by the State of Pennsylvania tax collectors? (Like at York)....
          Being a good guy I pre-paid in 2004 for the 2005 York deal. I was handed over to the tax division who has hassled me monthly ever since.
          And I sent them 'their' $33 cut for nuthin'.
          That alone will make me not go to another Stude swap meet (or any swap meet) in Pennsylvania...including Reedsville.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studemax

Studemax

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
          Brooklet, Georgia
          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
          '61 Hawk (project)
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Gary, It would not be hard to get this back to a 5th wheel. Just remove the dump bed. I don't think that any damage was done to the frame. There is no air at all and it is 5 spd direct with 2 spd axle. It probably will be harder to get it un buried than to take the dump bed off.

Max

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Max,

Gary

Comment

Gary, It would not be hard to get this back to a 5th wheel. Just remove the dump bed. I don't think that any damage was done to the frame. There is no air at all and it is 5 spd direct with 2 spd axle. It probably will be harder to get it un buried than to take the dump bed off.

Max

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Max,

Gary

Comment

Max,

This might make me make the trip. I sure wish that it had the 5 OD . Could you drop me a line off forum (just click on my name) and give me your number (it would save me looking it up) and I can give you a call to get details.

Like Jeff, I hear often from the tax guys in Harrisburg. I guess they think I am running a business on a daily basis rather than cleaning out the barn once a year.

Gary

Comment

Max,

This might make me make the trip. I sure wish that it had the 5 OD . Could you drop me a line off forum (just click on my name) and give me your number (it would save me looking it up) and I can give you a call to get details.

Like Jeff, I hear often from the tax guys in Harrisburg. I guess they think I am running a business on a daily basis rather than cleaning out the barn once a year.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X