selling by yours truly on Ebay. Here's the links:
    Lark Standard:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=017
    Lark Rural Route:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=017

Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Pretty cool, Todd! Being a mail carrier I'd love to have the Rural Route one. Just can't pay 24.99 for one brochure

I will be watching, though!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Pretty cool, Todd! Being a mail carrier I'd love to have the Rural Route one. Just can't pay 24.99 for one brochure

I will be watching, though!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

BAMS,

Frank Drumheller ended up with a 1963 Rural Router that was owned by the father of one of my high school classmates. Mr. Napier used it to deliver mail until it was swamped in Hurricane Camille in '69. Sam Miller then acquired it and later sold it to Frank. I believe it then passed to Dale Early who sold it on e-Bay several years ago.

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

BAMS,

Frank Drumheller ended up with a 1963 Rural Router that was owned by the father of one of my high school classmates. Mr. Napier used it to deliver mail until it was swamped in Hurricane Camille in '69. Sam Miller then acquired it and later sold it to Frank. I believe it then passed to Dale Early who sold it on e-Bay several years ago.

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Stephen Cade had a rural router, maybe 5 years ago. I don't know where it went, or who he sold it to.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Stephen Cade had a rural router, maybe 5 years ago. I don't know where it went, or who he sold it to.

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I have the 63 rural route Lark brochure and I noticed that the windshield wipers are opposite to the left hand drive Larks. Did Studebaker change the windshield wipers on right hand drive cars or did they just flop the photo?

The grille emblem and the letters on the license plate are correct.

Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I have the 63 rural route Lark brochure and I noticed that the windshield wipers are opposite to the left hand drive Larks. Did Studebaker change the windshield wipers on right hand drive cars or did they just flop the photo?

Leonard Shepherd
                  http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
                    Phooey, Leonard! You just ruined a good Pop Quiz!

You are right: Through the years, Studebaker did, in fact, create some -but not all- Rural-Router brochures by simply flipping negatives to make the cars look like right-hand drive. But, as you observe, this sleight-of-photo-lab-hand became easier to detect with the advent of parallel-action wipers in 1963. Yes, they did change wiper positions in the cowl for RHD Rural Routers, and this car appears to be an actual photo of a "real" Rural-Router for that reason.

But it pays to look closely - some [photos] aren't![:0] [8D]BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
                      Phooey, Leonard! You just ruined a good Pop Quiz!

You are right: Through the years, Studebaker did, in fact, create some -but not all- Rural-Router brochures by simply flipping negatives to make the cars look like right-hand drive. But, as you observe, this sleight-of-photo-lab-hand became easier to detect with the advent of parallel-action wipers in 1963. Yes, they did change wiper positions in the cowl for RHD Rural Routers, and this car appears to be an actual photo of a "real" Rural-Router for that reason.

But it pays to look closely - some [photos] aren't![:0] [8D]BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

HOLY COW would I love to have one today for actual delivery! Not practical for regular use, but would be fun to do for a........

Lark...............[)]

I'm looking for a Zip Van for the same reason; As a carrier it would be the perfect cross-promotion for the USPS and mostly, Studebakers! I could get national exposure for Studebakers, and have a blast doing it[^]

Someday I'll find one for me....

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

HOLY COW would I love to have one today for actual delivery! Not practical for regular use, but would be fun to do for a........

Lark...............[)]

I'm looking for a Zip Van for the same reason; As a carrier it would be the perfect cross-promotion for the USPS and mostly, Studebakers! I could get national exposure for Studebakers, and have a blast doing it[^]

Someday I'll find one for me....

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bams, you don't have to pay $24.99. Bidding starts at $9.99 with no reserve!
                            Todd

Comment

Bams, you don't have to pay $24.99. Bidding starts at $9.99 with no reserve!
                              Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X