X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Trifecta Weekend

Went up To York last Friday....
    (had a blast!)

Went down to Richmond Saturday to do some Stude drag racing...
    Here are some pic's:
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/562657348njPqRT
    (had a blast!)

Went over to Roanoke Sunday and visited the Virginia Transportation Museum...and saw all the Stude's there... Good show!
    (Oh.....had a blast!)
    Here are some pic's from Roanoke....
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/5627...Am?vhost=rides
    Neat museum. Fun to wander way in the corners out back....
    (sorry for the pic quality... These are from my phone/camera)
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I see that Tom was running in Dinwiddie, I initially thought he might be at Richmond Dragway when you mentioned you were headed down here.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I see that Tom was running in Dinwiddie, I initially thought he might be at Richmond Dragway when you mentioned you were headed down here.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

While he's shaking the car down he wants to run at the NHRA track, because they have a better guardrail (cement) and safety equipment.
        Having been to both places, especially after dark... I tend to agree with him.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

While he's shaking the car down he wants to run at the NHRA track, because they have a better guardrail (cement) and safety equipment.
          Having been to both places, especially after dark... I tend to agree with him.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Jeff

Comment

Jeff really great pictures from the transportaton museum. Not to far from where you were is the museum located in the old N&W RR Station in Roanoke. It was designed by none other than Raymond Loewy and has a great gallery on him and the Avanti. So next time stop on by to see another great display.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Jeff really great pictures from the transportaton museum. Not to far from where you were is the museum located in the old N&W RR Station in Roanoke. It was designed by none other than Raymond Loewy and has a great gallery on him and the Avanti. So next time stop on by to see another great display.

Comment

There are more Studebakers in the Roanoke Transportation Museum that are not on display, but they won't let you see them. I snuck back there and took some pictures.

This is a 53 Champion that was an experimental car done by some university. I don't know all the details, but if Phipfox (Phil DeVos) sees this, he can shed some light on it. I think it has some kind of automatic steering. [:0]

And there is an early Studebaker

Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

There are more Studebakers in the Roanoke Transportation Museum that are not on display, but they won't let you see them. I snuck back there and took some pictures.

This is a 53 Champion that was an experimental car done by some university. I don't know all the details, but if Phipfox (Phil DeVos) sees this, he can shed some light on it. I think it has some kind of automatic steering. [:0]

And there is an early Studebaker

Leonard Shepherd
                  http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...
                    I had heard about this museum, but never took the time to check it out.... It was a very nice Sunday afternoon, and I had time to kill so a'wandering off I went.
                    Now there's reason(s) for another visit!
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Just added it to my list!
                    Thanks for the heads up.
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by Avantidon:

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...
                      I had heard about this museum, but never took the time to check it out.... It was a very nice Sunday afternoon, and I had time to kill so a'wandering off I went.
                      Now there's reason(s) for another visit!
                      Jeff[8D]

Just added it to my list!
                      Thanks for the heads up.
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by Avantidon:

Jeff

Comment

Jeff, I was there two years ago when the building was rededicated along with Laurence Loewy and it is a fantastic place. It actually looks just like it did when I was there as a passenger going home to Bristol on a train pulled by a J-8 in fact the one in your picture in the late 50's. The only difference the covered tracks are gone.

Comment

Jeff, I was there two years ago when the building was rededicated along with Laurence Loewy and it is a fantastic place. It actually looks just like it did when I was there as a passenger going home to Bristol on a train pulled by a J-8 in fact the one in your picture in the late 50's. The only difference the covered tracks are gone.

Comment

I thought at first glance it looked to be Inertial Navigation System, or a control panel stolen from the Lunar Lander

Comment

I thought at first glance it looked to be Inertial Navigation System, or a control panel stolen from the Lunar Lander

Comment

Working...
                              X