X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott
    replied
    Sorry I pulled the thread off topic, but I had to see if it was really Lark posting and not a wannabe.

I love the way Turning Wheels has developed over the last 15 years at least, but there are two things I wish it had more of now 1) reprints or updates on early feature articles by Mr. Fox and 2) Lark Parker stories. I read the one about tracking down the elusive Cabover truck to my wife and she thought it funny depite the fact it was about Studebakers (that says a lot, coming from her). Technically, TW wasn't as finished and glitsy as we see it now, but the content was a great compensator. I should also include Adventures in Monomania, which has always been one of my favorites, too.

It would be fun to have a few "best of" moments from the Cooperator, too.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Sorry I pulled the thread off topic, but I had to see if it was really Lark posting and not a wannabe.

I love the way Turning Wheels has developed over the last 15 years at least, but there are two things I wish it had more of now 1) reprints or updates on early feature articles by Mr. Fox and 2) Lark Parker stories. I read the one about tracking down the elusive Cabover truck to my wife and she thought it funny depite the fact it was about Studebakers (that says a lot, coming from her). Technically, TW wasn't as finished and glitsy as we see it now, but the content was a great compensator. I should also include Adventures in Monomania, which has always been one of my favorites, too.

It would be fun to have a few "best of" moments from the Cooperator, too.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I started a good account of Lark's early years. Would anyone protest if I brought that project back to life?[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!
    Excellent idea, Bob! The first installment should be an account of Lark's tractor pull adventure at K-Mart, I think it was. (That is, if you are talking about the previous Lark Parker episodes. If you are talking about new episodes from your own vantage point, that would be good, too.)

Really, so many people on the Forum, here, do not know the fertile depths of Lark Parker's imagination that even an individual story posting would garner many new Lark Parker enthusiasts. [] Go for it...soon! BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I started a good account of Lark's early years. Would anyone protest if I brought that project back to life?[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!
    Excellent idea, Bob! The first installment should be an account of Lark's tractor pull adventure at K-Mart, I think it was. (That is, if you are talking about the previous Lark Parker episodes. If you are talking about new episodes from your own vantage point, that would be good, too.)

Really, so many people on the Forum, here, do not know the fertile depths of Lark Parker's imagination that even an individual story posting would garner many new Lark Parker enthusiasts. [] Go for it...soon! BP

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    I think Ted Harbit is looking for a good title for his book on Studebaker speed. Maybe some suggestions here would be just what he needs. That's the way the Stude/Stewed Tomato was named.

Lark Parker
    aka Trim Trader
    Frankfort IN

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    I think Ted Harbit is looking for a good title for his book on Studebaker speed. Maybe some suggestions here would be just what he needs. That's the way the Stude/Stewed Tomato was named.

Lark Parker
    aka Trim Trader
    Frankfort IN

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott

We need new stories to initiate the newer members to the wonderful world of Lark Parker!

AMEN to that, Scott! Lark Parker's reports from never-never land have been 'way too scarce of late. [xx(] Let's bring pressure to bear to have further tales! [}] BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott

We need new stories to initiate the newer members to the wonderful world of Lark Parker!

AMEN to that, Scott! Lark Parker's reports from never-never land have been 'way too scarce of late. [xx(] Let's bring pressure to bear to have further tales! [}] BP

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Glad you're still with us, Lark. Sorry about the beautiful Daytona, but at least she still gets out some. Say "hi" from a distant admirer.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Glad you're still with us, Lark. Sorry about the beautiful Daytona, but at least she still gets out some. Say "hi" from a distant admirer.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Scott

No, not papparazzi, just a literary connoiseur. How's the beautiful Daytona doing?
    She has slowed considerably because of diabetes and a bad back. It limits which events we go to now. She contends that a margerita is good for both ailments. We just went to our 49th Anniversary dinner this eve. (I was a child bride.)

I installed Cougar bucket seats in her 55 Commander but traveling is still limited. I'm sure the purists wince at the bucket seats but that doesn't bother me. The original seats are in storage for the day it finds a new owner.

We are getting way off thread, but thanks for asking.

Lark Parker
    aka Trim Trader
    Frankfort IN

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Scott

No, not papparazzi, just a literary connoiseur. How's the beautiful Daytona doing?
    She has slowed considerably because of diabetes and a bad back. It limits which events we go to now. She contends that a margerita is good for both ailments. We just went to our 49th Anniversary dinner this eve. (I was a child bride.)

I installed Cougar bucket seats in her 55 Commander but traveling is still limited. I'm sure the purists wince at the bucket seats but that doesn't bother me. The original seats are in storage for the day it finds a new owner.

We are getting way off thread, but thanks for asking.

Lark Parker
    aka Trim Trader
    Frankfort IN

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X