Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a good account of Lark's early years. Would anyone protest if I brought that project back to life?[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I started a good account of Lark's early years. Would anyone protest if I brought that project back to life?[}]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!
      Excellent idea, Bob! The first installment should be an account of Lark's tractor pull adventure at K-Mart, I think it was. (That is, if you are talking about the previous Lark Parker episodes. If you are talking about new episodes from your own vantage point, that would be good, too.)

Really, so many people on the Forum, here, do not know the fertile depths of Lark Parker's imagination that even an individual story posting would garner many new Lark Parker enthusiasts. [] Go for it...soon! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!
        Excellent idea, Bob! The first installment should be an account of Lark's tractor pull adventure at K-Mart, I think it was. (That is, if you are talking about the previous Lark Parker episodes. If you are talking about new episodes from your own vantage point, that would be good, too.)

Really, so many people on the Forum, here, do not know the fertile depths of Lark Parker's imagination that even an individual story posting would garner many new Lark Parker enthusiasts. [] Go for it...soon! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry I pulled the thread off topic, but I had to see if it was really Lark posting and not a wannabe.

I love the way Turning Wheels has developed over the last 15 years at least, but there are two things I wish it had more of now 1) reprints or updates on early feature articles by Mr. Fox and 2) Lark Parker stories. I read the one about tracking down the elusive Cabover truck to my wife and she thought it funny depite the fact it was about Studebakers (that says a lot, coming from her). Technically, TW wasn't as finished and glitsy as we see it now, but the content was a great compensator. I should also include Adventures in Monomania, which has always been one of my favorites, too.

It would be fun to have a few "best of" moments from the Cooperator, too.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Sorry I pulled the thread off topic, but I had to see if it was really Lark posting and not a wannabe.

I love the way Turning Wheels has developed over the last 15 years at least, but there are two things I wish it had more of now 1) reprints or updates on early feature articles by Mr. Fox and 2) Lark Parker stories. I read the one about tracking down the elusive Cabover truck to my wife and she thought it funny depite the fact it was about Studebakers (that says a lot, coming from her). Technically, TW wasn't as finished and glitsy as we see it now, but the content was a great compensator. I should also include Adventures in Monomania, which has always been one of my favorites, too.

It would be fun to have a few "best of" moments from the Cooperator, too.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
            X