Bought 2 Studes today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought 2 Studes today

I was in California for the weekend to do some SCCA road racing with my son at Thunder Hill. I managed to squeeze in a day of Stude hunting also. I found two that were possibilities and finalized the deals today. It will be a while before I can drag them back to Washington. I'm out of room here and need to whittle down the current fleet...but they were just too nice to pass up (ever heard...or said...THAT before )

The first is a '55 Commander coupe. Original paint...pink with black roof, but faded. Shiny pink floors and trunk. V8 auto. Very nice front chrome...too nice to replate. Engine is free and a compression test showed it to be VERY good. I think I can have it running, driving, and stopping fairly quickly.

The second is a '62 Lark hardtop. V8 auto. Power steering and brakes. Reclining front seats. Again, shiny factory paint on the floors and trunk. Runs and drives (was a daily driver until January of this year) but knocks (flex plate or rod bearing probably).

I need to finish the '65 Impala this month and attempt to sell it at the Portland Swap Meet in early April. I've decided to sell the '60 2 door wagon I got from Sal. I was going to make a hot rod out of it for myself, but I think it will be too long before I actually get to it. I'll clean it up and get it on eBay next month. The 4 door 60 Lark with the bashed in rear door has been traded to GordR for an engine and trans for the Ute. That leaves me with the Ute and Mr. Biggs '63 Daytona. Both are longer term projects (a couple of months each) and may be "keepers" (well, as long as I keep ANY car ). The '55 and '62 will keep me distracted and in rent money in the meantime.

I passed on a '54 wagon for $1500. Floors were a little soft, but no rust through anyplace that I could find. 6 cyl stick OD. If anyone is interested in that one, let me know and I'll provide the contact info. It is in the San Francisco area.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Sounds like you won't have much time for mischief for a while.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

If you need some "dry" storage space.....I be glad to take them
        on a temporary loan basis........

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

If you need some "dry" storage space.....I be glad to take them
          on a temporary loan basis........

Comment

Pictures?[^]

Comment

Pictures?[^]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57
                I'm sure I can MAKE time for that [}]

Thanks for the offer, Glen...would I ever get them back [:0]

No pictures, Chuck. I forgot the camera on this "Stude Foraging" part of the trip. I'll post some when I bring them home.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57
                  I'm sure I can MAKE time for that [}]

Thanks for the offer, Glen...would I ever get them back [:0]

No pictures, Chuck. I forgot the camera on this "Stude Foraging" part of the trip. I'll post some when I bring them home.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,can I please get the 411 on the 60 2 door wagon?I am kinda Jonesing one of those.What part of the country are you located in?Thanks...

Comment

Dick,can I please get the 411 on the 60 2 door wagon?I am kinda Jonesing one of those.What part of the country are you located in?Thanks...

Comment

Hmmmmmm.....maybe during the week of May 31 2010 in Glendale AZ [:0]

Comment

Hmmmmmm.....maybe during the week of May 31 2010 in Glendale AZ [:0]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking
                            What part of the country are you located in?Thanks...
                            Dick is in Bellingham, Washington.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking
                              What part of the country are you located in?Thanks...
                              Dick is in Bellingham, Washington.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X