Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably the only one you'll ever see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the only one you'll ever see...

...and you'll have to be the judge as to whether or not that's a good thing!
    Quite a pucker at the front corners of that deck lid. [:0]
    Interesting. BP
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...6QQssPageNameZ
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Not what you would call flowing lines, Bob. I have seen a '49 Ford kit that could be put on a similar T-Bird. It worked better than this one.

Wayne

Comment

Not what you would call flowing lines, Bob. I have seen a '49 Ford kit that could be put on a similar T-Bird. It worked better than this one.

Wayne

Comment

Since the main components are from the T-Bird IE chassis,passenger section etc the VIN # would have been on the T birds dash. Might cause some legal issues in most states as far as title and registration. Front end looks great,rear not so much [}]

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

Since the main components are from the T-Bird IE chassis,passenger section etc the VIN # would have been on the T birds dash. Might cause some legal issues in most states as far as title and registration. Front end looks great,rear not so much [}]

Comment

Looks like they cut up a perfectly good Studebaker to customize a Ford [V]..As far as registering it, The car is still a Ford and would be registered as such. Someone has alot of spare time and money on there hands..[B)]

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Looks like they cut up a perfectly good Studebaker to customize a Ford [V]..As far as registering it, The car is still a Ford and would be registered as such. Someone has alot of spare time and money on there hands..[B)]

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

I think this El Camino one came off much better.

I would kill the skirts and I think it would have looked a lot better if he had used a later model T-Bird like an 89. The rear window was much more graceful.

Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I think this El Camino one came off much better.

I would kill the skirts and I think it would have looked a lot better if he had used a later model T-Bird like an 89. The rear window was much more graceful.

Leonard Shepherd
                  http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The title and Vin # he's listing is from the Stude,which could cause some major legal headaches for the buyer if the Fords Vin is missing or he doesn't have the T-bird title to go with it.

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

The title and Vin # he's listing is from the Stude,which could cause some major legal headaches for the buyer if the Fords Vin is missing or he doesn't have the T-bird title to go with it.

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Randy_G
                      1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

$19.50?! What is wrong? Me or the price?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

$19.50?! What is wrong? Me or the price?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I have to go along with Leonard on the '89-97 T-bird base. That would've worked MUCH better. For one thing, the roofline would've been more suitable, as Leonard mentioned, and for another, the wheelbase is longer. Not by a lot, but by enough to avoid the afterthought-ish look the wheels have on this one.

The Taurus wagon that had been given a similar treatment looks pretty good right now, at least in comparison to this!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

I have to go along with Leonard on the '89-97 T-bird base. That would've worked MUCH better. For one thing, the roofline would've been more suitable, as Leonard mentioned, and for another, the wheelbase is longer. Not by a lot, but by enough to avoid the afterthought-ish look the wheels have on this one.

The Taurus wagon that had been given a similar treatment looks pretty good right now, at least in comparison to this!

Comment

Working...
                              X