Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably the only one you'll ever see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else find it strange that there is no reserve on this car?

Comment

Well anyone can see it does have a Studebaker engine in it![:0]

After all, it's got a Red ball 1950 Stude. decal on the air cleaner!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well anyone can see it does have a Studebaker engine in it![:0]

After all, it's got a Red ball 1950 Stude. decal on the air cleaner!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I think it's pretty cool, and I'd like to have it! There's a few things I'd change to my taste, but I like it overall.

I do wish it had been built on a different base car, though.

As for title: In NY it would register as an 84 Ford. If there's no VIN tag, one can be state-issued and a title issued as "homemade"; so it would be a "2008 HOMEM".

I always laugh at the bandwagon effect on these things[)] There's a TON of planning, work, and fabrication in this, and most of it looks like quality work!

I'd have fun driving it while I tinker with some of the details to my taste. And maybe I could become a pimp to finance the changes

Really, I don't see it as a classic-type artistic exercise like a Delahaye, but just a car born to be outrageous and provocative. From that perspective, it definitely succeeds![:0][8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I think it's pretty cool, and I'd like to have it! There's a few things I'd change to my taste, but I like it overall.

I do wish it had been built on a different base car, though.

As for title: In NY it would register as an 84 Ford. If there's no VIN tag, one can be state-issued and a title issued as "homemade"; so it would be a "2008 HOMEM".

I always laugh at the bandwagon effect on these things[)] There's a TON of planning, work, and fabrication in this, and most of it looks like quality work!

I'd have fun driving it while I tinker with some of the details to my taste. And maybe I could become a pimp to finance the changes

Really, I don't see it as a classic-type artistic exercise like a Delahaye, but just a car born to be outrageous and provocative. From that perspective, it definitely succeeds![:0][8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

"I wouldn't have done it quite that way."

We now return you to your scheduled programming.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

We now return you to your scheduled programming.

Comment

That car was at Atlantic City show/auction last week. It was there last year too.[img]Here's one that was at the Atlantic City auction last week. It was there last year too. It may be the same one[/img]

Jeff Sheaffer
                  60 Hawk
                  Jeff Sheaffer
                  Driving the past into the future

Comment

That car was at Atlantic City show/auction last week. It was there last year too.[img]Here's one that was at the Atlantic City auction last week. It was there last year too. It may be the same one[/img]

Jeff Sheaffer
                    60 Hawk
                    Jeff Sheaffer
                    Driving the past into the future

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

I agree. Still would like to mess with it a while

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

I agree. Still would like to mess with it a while

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                        X