Kleer-View Washer Jar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleer-View Washer Jar

Is anyone having a hard time finding these?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

I have one of those with the fluid still in it. What are they worth?
    sals54

Comment

I have one of those with the fluid still in it. What are they worth?
      sals54

Comment

It is missing the Studebaker label![V] Buy otherwise looks correct.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It is missing the Studebaker label![V] Buy otherwise looks correct.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Funny you should mention the missing label studerich. Several months ago bondobilly was kind enough to create exact replicas of the kleerview sticker that goes on these bottles for studebaker. I believe I still have about 14 of these stickers somewhere and have six of the triangular bottles with these decals. He did such a great job!
            1947 Studebaker M-5
            1946 Studebaker M-5
            1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
            1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
            1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Funny you should mention the missing label studerich. Several months ago bondobilly was kind enough to create exact replicas of the kleerview sticker that goes on these bottles for studebaker. I believe I still have about 14 of these stickers somewhere and have six of the triangular bottles with these decals. He did such a great job!
              1947 Studebaker M-5
              1946 Studebaker M-5
              1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
              1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
              1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I thought someone said these where on Ebay and fetched $90+. These are available for $42.95 at National Parts Depot as a Chevelle part (PN# C-10154-21A). They come as you see it, with the bracket and cap. The decal is up to you. With BB suppling the decal, you'll have a correct jar for less than half of an Ebay price.

http://www.npdlink.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I thought someone said these where on Ebay and fetched $90+. These are available for $42.95 at National Parts Depot as a Chevelle part (PN# C-10154-21A). They come as you see it, with the bracket and cap. The decal is up to you. With BB suppling the decal, you'll have a correct jar for less than half of an Ebay price.

http://www.npdlink.com/

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

GM cars used this same bottle and bracket for many years. My Classic Industries catalog (GM restoration parts and accessories) has the set for $39.95. They also offer Kleerview bottle decals that are probably the same as the Studebaker one for $3.95 (although Bill's is probably nicer ).

The folks offering these on eBay for twice the catalog price are just like Studebaker folks doing the same thing with Studebaker parts from SI or SASCO. They feel they can catch a "newbie" without the knowledge of the parts network and make a nice profit.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

GM cars used this same bottle and bracket for many years. My Classic Industries catalog (GM restoration parts and accessories) has the set for $39.95. They also offer Kleerview bottle decals that are probably the same as the Studebaker one for $3.95 (although Bill's is probably nicer ).

The folks offering these on eBay for twice the catalog price are just like Studebaker folks doing the same thing with Studebaker parts from SI or SASCO. They feel they can catch a "newbie" without the knowledge of the parts network and make a nice profit.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Have NOS Studebaker one, with green fluid, in my display of Studebaker memorabilia.

Comment

Have NOS Studebaker one, with green fluid, in my display of Studebaker memorabilia.

Comment

Actually, most parts offered on ebay that come from vendors are offered with a starting bid at or slightly under retail. Many ebay'ers have no idea that Studebaker vendors exist, so they get the needed part on ebay, and two vendors make a profit.
                            Had I have seen the bottle in question, I might have bid over retail myself since I did not have a clue as to where to find one.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 R2 GT (Sid)
                            spent to date $62,839.60
                            63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Actually, most parts offered on ebay that come from vendors are offered with a starting bid at or slightly under retail. Many ebay'ers have no idea that Studebaker vendors exist, so they get the needed part on ebay, and two vendors make a profit.
                              Had I have seen the bottle in question, I might have bid over retail myself since I did not have a clue as to where to find one.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 R2 GT (Sid)
                              spent to date $62,839.60
                              63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X