Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt automatics

On San Fransisco Craig's list, with a Flight-O-matic and Ultramatic:

"for sale more rebuilt automatic transmissions from the 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s pontiac single and dual range hydramatic roto 10 slim jim jetaway 4 speed hydro hydramatic tempest torque buick flight pitch dualpath triple turbine twin turbine dynaflow amc torque command rambler powerflite castiron and aluminum jaguar borg warner turbo hydramatic 400 kaiser fraser nash hudson 4 speed hydramatic e stick flashomatic studebaker flightomatic packard ultramatic drive toll free 1 866 405 9462 cell 831 320 2726 please call gene berck"

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Don't call! Not unless you're willing to hear this guy's life story. And if that ain't bad enough, he really doesn't HAVE any Flight-o-matics OR Ultramatics, but he'll gladly rebuild yours for you.
    For instrance, a late Flight-o-matic for a V8 - a mere $2450.00 if you remove and reinstall it![:0][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Don't call! Not unless you're willing to hear this guy's life story. And if that ain't bad enough, he really doesn't HAVE any Flight-o-matics OR Ultramatics, but he'll gladly rebuild yours for you.
      For instrance, a late Flight-o-matic for a V8 - a mere $2450.00 if you remove and reinstall it![:0][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

JEEZ, I had mine rebuilt along with the torque convertor for 900 including taxes.

Comment

JEEZ, I had mine rebuilt along with the torque convertor for 900 including taxes.

Comment

It was sorta funny, talking to this fella. He claimed he'd been rebuilding automatics since horse 'n buggy days![:0] Curiously, he'd never heard of a Studebaker Automatic. He even question whether I was wrong or not about such having existed.
            Finally - with my help - he found mention of them in a book he had near his desk. He was amazed that he'd never seen one before (the book had pictures, you see), but assured me that if I wanted one built - he was the guy to do it![8]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

It was sorta funny, talking to this fella. He claimed he'd been rebuilding automatics since horse 'n buggy days![:0] Curiously, he'd never heard of a Studebaker Automatic. He even question whether I was wrong or not about such having existed.
              Finally - with my help - he found mention of them in a book he had near his desk. He was amazed that he'd never seen one before (the book had pictures, you see), but assured me that if I wanted one built - he was the guy to do it![8]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

It was sorta funny, talking to this fella. He claimed he'd been rebuilding automatics since horse 'n buggy days![:0]
                Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle
                [:0]Indeed, Bob! We'll have to wait for Gary Hearn to verify which automatics were available when in the horse & buggy days. (IIRC, the Studebaker Brothers alternately used Horse-Flite or Equestrian-Glide, depending on who gave them the best deal in a given year. Light-duty buggies used Pony-Flow exclusively, again if memory serves. But Guido will have to confirm.) [}] BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

It was sorta funny, talking to this fella. He claimed he'd been rebuilding automatics since horse 'n buggy days![:0]
                  Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle
                  [:0]Indeed, Bob! We'll have to wait for Gary Hearn to verify which automatics were available when in the horse & buggy days. (IIRC, the Studebaker Brothers alternately used Horse-Flite or Equestrian-Glide, depending on who gave them the best deal in a given year. Light-duty buggies used Pony-Flow exclusively, again if memory serves. But Guido will have to confirm.) [}] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob is correct on the buggies, but the new wagon I have is equipped with the exclusive Hoof Torque arrangement.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Bob is correct on the buggies, but the new wagon I have is equipped with the exclusive Hoof Torque arrangement.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                      X