'50 gravel guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '50 gravel guards

I'm looking for a pair of rubber gravel guards (rock shields) for a '50 Champion 4-door. I know rubber deteriorates, so am willing for them to be less than perfect, but would like for them to be whole and decent.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

I believe SI has reproduced gravel shields for the four door sedans in an ABS plastic; saw them at York. Check with them for the year/model application.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I believe SI has reproduced gravel shields for the four door sedans in an ABS plastic; saw them at York. Check with them for the year/model application.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have a really nice pair of rubber ones here- but I have a question- are they the same for 47-52? I'm not sure what year they are.

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I have a really nice pair of rubber ones here- but I have a question- are they the same for 47-52? I'm not sure what year they are.

Evan Davis
          Prairie Bulletin
          Saskatchewan Chapter
          Prince Albert, Sk
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thanks Brad and Evan. Evan, I don't know for sure myself about the 47-52 span. I've seen a lot of stuff listed for that time span, but just don't know.
            Maybe someone who knows will tell us.

Comment

Thanks Brad and Evan. Evan, I don't know for sure myself about the 47-52 span. I've seen a lot of stuff listed for that time span, but just don't know.
              Maybe someone who knows will tell us.

Comment

They're not all alike during those years. It's been too long since I researched this for my own car, but you should refer to the parts manual or maybe someone will post some pictures.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

They're not all alike during those years. It's been too long since I researched this for my own car, but you should refer to the parts manual or maybe someone will post some pictures.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

47-49 are one style and 50-52 are a different style. They will still interchange but would not be correct.

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk
                    1964 Convertable
                    1967 Avanti
                    Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

47-49 are one style and 50-52 are a different style. They will still interchange but would not be correct.

Milt

1961 Hawk
                      1964 Convertable
                      1967 Avanti
                      Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Brad -- I called SI and what they said they have are splash guards for installation hanging down from the fender wells. If you are sure you saw the gravel guards for the bottom rear of the rear doors of a 4-door, let me know more about what you saw and maybe I can get them to admit to having them.

Evan -- I have made a measurement diagram of the one that I have. If you are willing, I can take a picture of the gravel guard and send it with the measurement diagram to your mailing address. After reading Milt's post, I want to be a little careful about getting the right ones. If you prefer, I can post the measurements on here, hoping that it isn't too hard to understand.

Once again, thanks everyone for the posts, and I hope they keep coming. These two things are proving to be the hardest to find component for the entire restoration. whew.

Comment

Brad -- I called SI and what they said they have are splash guards for installation hanging down from the fender wells. If you are sure you saw the gravel guards for the bottom rear of the rear doors of a 4-door, let me know more about what you saw and maybe I can get them to admit to having them.

Evan -- I have made a measurement diagram of the one that I have. If you are willing, I can take a picture of the gravel guard and send it with the measurement diagram to your mailing address. After reading Milt's post, I want to be a little careful about getting the right ones. If you prefer, I can post the measurements on here, hoping that it isn't too hard to understand.

Once again, thanks everyone for the posts, and I hope they keep coming. These two things are proving to be the hardest to find component for the entire restoration. whew.

Comment

Bob,
                            Send me an email via the board with the details. I'll get the ones i have here out this afternoon and see if we can't figure this out.

Evan Davis
                            Prairie Bulletin
                            Saskatchewan Chapter
                            Prince Albert, Sk
                            Evan Davis
                            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Bob,
                              Send me an email via the board with the details. I'll get the ones i have here out this afternoon and see if we can't figure this out.

Evan Davis
                              Prairie Bulletin
                              Saskatchewan Chapter
                              Prince Albert, Sk
                              Evan Davis
                              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
                              X