Rare Studebaker item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Studebaker item

I picked this up at York intending to pay my York expenses by listing it on ebay, but then Bondo Bill saw it, we made a deal, and now it's in his collection.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Great conversation piece, you could CHARGE for guesses as to what the heck that tank does! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Great conversation piece, you could CHARGE for guesses as to what the heck that tank does! [:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I should have bought it after you pointed it out to me.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I should have bought it after you pointed it out to me.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Heck, I know what that is, I just didn't know JDP had one. Really cool looking item but I'd be scared to use it for its intended purpose!

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Heck, I know what that is, I just didn't know JDP had one. Really cool looking item but I'd be scared to use it for its intended purpose!

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

That really is cool. It gave me an idea to make something similar for when I'm getting long-dormant Studes running

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

That really is cool. It gave me an idea to make something similar for when I'm getting long-dormant Studes running

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Ellen says thanks John.

Ellen fell in love with it, and this weekend it will be proudly displayed in her kitchen. Along with her Pepsi signs, Schmoo clock, IRT destination signs and her 1940's gas station towel dispenser with mirror, a Pepsi thermometer from the 40's and other stuff she has collected over the years. I am not the only one who has "stuff".

BG

Comment

Ellen says thanks John.

Ellen fell in love with it, and this weekend it will be proudly displayed in her kitchen. Along with her Pepsi signs, Schmoo clock, IRT destination signs and her 1940's gas station towel dispenser with mirror, a Pepsi thermometer from the 40's and other stuff she has collected over the years. I am not the only one who has "stuff".

BG

Comment

Hint, it was used in a contest back in the prewar days. (If you are not one of the 100 I showed it off too before Bondo and Ellen decided they needed it, that's a clue)

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,839.60
                        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hint, it was used in a contest back in the prewar days. (If you are not one of the 100 I showed it off too before Bondo and Ellen decided they needed it, that's a clue)

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,839.60
                          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

As I recall, you mentioned it hung on the window so the potential customer could look at the sight-glass and see for himself how little fuel the new Studebaker used while on a test drive with it.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

As I recall, you mentioned it hung on the window so the potential customer could look at the sight-glass and see for himself how little fuel the new Studebaker used while on a test drive with it.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X