Excellent 64 Cruiser at York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent 64 Cruiser at York

This car was simply gorgeous! I would say it was a high 2 condition, not far from a #1:

Talked at length to the owner, Jim Ferner. He bought the car from a dry climate, already really decent, needing cosmetics. He had it painted in the original color, basecoat/clearcoat, an excellent job. When he replaced the interior, he called SASCO. Dennis said I'll have to look. He called him back and said yes, I do have NOS upholstery; but you have to understand this has been laying around all these years and they'll be be a little dirty and probably need to be cleaned. When they arrived they were beautiful! So he had the interior installed by White Post, and the result is stunning!

Here's a couple pics:

Here's the window sign:

I don't have any idea about detail correctness, but condition-wise I think it's not far from a show winner. I thought his price was pretty high for a four door, but really I'm not so sure, given the condition and quality of the work. And, who knows what kind of deal one could make- it did say "or best offer"..........

One more note: Got a chuckle out of his license plate frame:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Crap, at first glance that looked like MY old Cruiser. Kinda made my heart jump. I'm gonna bet that crack in the dash pad is right by the speaker

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
    Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Crap, at first glance that looked like MY old Cruiser. Kinda made my heart jump. I'm gonna bet that crack in the dash pad is right by the speaker

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!

Comment

Pretty car. I don't think that price is outta reason either, not if you consider what it would take to make a lesser example look like that![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Pretty car. I don't think that price is outta reason either, not if you consider what it would take to make a lesser example look like that![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I dunno, that's a 4-door. I'll bet you'd be lucky to get north of $6500 even in that condition.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA

Comment

I dunno, that's a 4-door. I'll bet you'd be lucky to get north of $6500 even in that condition.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA

Comment

I'll agree with Mark on this one...he has some recent experience, and had his on ebay which all agree is "the" marketplace for used cars. I say this while in the process of fixing up a 63' Cruiser. I'll have north of $7K into this car before I'm finished (and I'm just about there)and have little expectation of it nearing that price
                if I were to sell it. Now if the owner of that car has had it for 5 years and put 20K miles on it in that condition....now he's got a pretty good deal @ ~$6K........BTW-I looked at this car @ York and it was very finely presented.....

Comment

I'll agree with Mark on this one...he has some recent experience, and had his on ebay which all agree is "the" marketplace for used cars. I say this while in the process of fixing up a 63' Cruiser. I'll have north of $7K into this car before I'm finished (and I'm just about there)and have little expectation of it nearing that price
                  if I were to sell it. Now if the owner of that car has had it for 5 years and put 20K miles on it in that condition....now he's got a pretty good deal @ ~$6K........BTW-I looked at this car @ York and it was very finely presented.....

Comment

I like the rare late '64 "DISHED" headlight doors! very nice, and so is the whole car! [^][]

You could not buy a new 2008 that would serve you as well, and cost as little in the long run for repairs, insurance, license, maintenance etc. as this Cruiser. [:0]

Not to mention $10-20,000.00 right off the bat![:0]

I don't think the savings on fuel would equal the cost of the rest of the expenses on a new one. [V]

Unfortunately though, you can not live in a "car eating" State like Bams50 does!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I like the rare late '64 "DISHED" headlight doors! very nice, and so is the whole car! [^][]

You could not buy a new 2008 that would serve you as well, and cost as little in the long run for repairs, insurance, license, maintenance etc. as this Cruiser. [:0]

Not to mention $10-20,000.00 right off the bat![:0]

I don't think the savings on fuel would equal the cost of the rest of the expenses on a new one. [V]

Unfortunately though, you can not live in a "car eating" State like Bams50 does!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree that it is unlikely to fetch $10K, but it should!

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I agree that it is unlikely to fetch $10K, but it should!

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I didn't look it over with an eye to shows, but I only saw a few things it needed- dash pad (cracked by speaker as usual); radio fixed; and Jim said door panels dyed, but couldn't see anything wrong with them myself. Also, the paint is absolutely stunning, but I've never seen that much metallic in Stude paint; probably from being clearcoated. Not sure if that would cost points at a show. I wonder what this car would score at an International Meet with a new dash pad...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I didn't look it over with an eye to shows, but I only saw a few things it needed- dash pad (cracked by speaker as usual); radio fixed; and Jim said door panels dyed, but couldn't see anything wrong with them myself. Also, the paint is absolutely stunning, but I've never seen that much metallic in Stude paint; probably from being clearcoated. Not sure if that would cost points at a show. I wonder what this car would score at an International Meet with a new dash pad...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X