Interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangability

As I complete the cleanup of "Betty", I am finding that I will need a LOT more replacement parts for her to be road worthy. Would someone be able to tell what what other models/years parts can be used on a 52 Champion 4 door? I'll be needing both body parts as well as chassis parts. I think a 53 will work. Maybe?
    Thanks!
    Michael

Body parts from a 53 will not work. The 52 basic body is the same as 47-52 with yearly modifications. Many mechanical parts will work. The 6 cylinder engine in your car was used from 1939 to 1960 with modifications and then was converted into an OHV in 1961.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Body parts from a 53 will not work. The 52 basic body is the same as 47-52 with yearly modifications. Many mechanical parts will work. The 6 cylinder engine in your car was used from 1939 to 1960 with modifications and then was converted into an OHV in 1961.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

It would help to know what specific parts you are looking for, but as far as body parts, 52 was the last year for the post war design. Your best source for all body parts is another 52, but some things might interchange back to 47. Of course, tail light and various trim openings will not be the same. The 52 front fenders and hood along with all of that grille are unique to that year. Some people change to a 51 front end which is a dirrect swap, but is also sought after by more rodders. If you get the proper parts books you will find that mechanically the 51 and 52 models are almost identical within the same model depending on Champion or Commander. Many later parts can be swapped such as self energizing brakes, but specific items would be easier to address.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

It would help to know what specific parts you are looking for, but as far as body parts, 52 was the last year for the post war design. Your best source for all body parts is another 52, but some things might interchange back to 47. Of course, tail light and various trim openings will not be the same. The 52 front fenders and hood along with all of that grille are unique to that year. Some people change to a 51 front end which is a dirrect swap, but is also sought after by more rodders. If you get the proper parts books you will find that mechanically the 51 and 52 models are almost identical within the same model depending on Champion or Commander. Many later parts can be swapped such as self energizing brakes, but specific items would be easier to address.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The tools you'll use the most in your endeavors will be the body and chassis catalogs.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The tools you'll use the most in your endeavors will be the body and chassis catalogs.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X