Collector car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector car insurance

I know it's a tragedy but garages are rare in my urban environment. I am fortunate to have an 8ft. wide driveway. The problem is that I cannot find a collector car insurer who will cover my Champ or my P-1800
    without being garaged. Any suggestions other than renting storage? Thanks.

Charleston,SC

Have you tried Hagerty? How about one of those aluminum quonset hut shaped car ports? Would that count?It would be cheaper than a full on garage.

Comment

Have you tried Hagerty? How about one of those aluminum quonset hut shaped car ports? Would that count?It would be cheaper than a full on garage.

Comment

Yes, Hagerty is one of several companies that rejected me. Carports are not allowed in the Historic District and are governed by the Board of Architectural Review.

Comment

Yes, Hagerty is one of several companies that rejected me. Carports are not allowed in the Historic District and are governed by the Board of Architectural Review.

Comment

I think Farm Bureau will cover it without a garage, but they want an appraisal if you want stated value.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I think Farm Bureau will cover it without a garage, but they want an appraisal if you want stated value.

Leonard Shepherd
              http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I use JCTaylor. Cost about a $100.00 a year per car. I insure them at market value. Must be driven for parades, shows, club events. No daily driving. Ernie

'55 Regal Commander, 259/auto.
                "life is a one-way ride and I'm gonna have some fun--there are no replays"

Comment

I use JCTaylor. Cost about a $100.00 a year per car. I insure them at market value. Must be driven for parades, shows, club events. No daily driving. Ernie

'55 Regal Commander, 259/auto.
                  "life is a one-way ride and I'm gonna have some fun--there are no replays"

Comment

Darn it! I love my vehicles too much not to drive them daily. [8D]

Comment

Darn it! I love my vehicles too much not to drive them daily. [8D]

Comment

If you drive your Studebaker daily, you're pretty much stuck with standard auto insurance. You can have the car appraised and get full coverage, but you'll pay for it just like it was a newer car.

Mark Anderson
                        Member SDC and FMCA
                        Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                        http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
                        Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

If you drive your Studebaker daily, you're pretty much stuck with standard auto insurance. You can have the car appraised and get full coverage, but you'll pay for it just like it was a newer car.

Mark Anderson
                          Member SDC and FMCA
                          Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                          http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
                          Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Thanks! The only saving grace is our state property tax on cars. My wife pays $300 annually on her Mini (currently) the annual tax on the Champ is $12.

Comment

Thanks! The only saving grace is our state property tax on cars. My wife pays $300 annually on her Mini (currently) the annual tax on the Champ is $12.

Comment

Working...
                              X