Studebaker Obituraries-Fake 53's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Obituraries-Fake 53's

Does the Studebaker Museum or anyone else have a record of deceased Studes? I have recently sent two to their final rest, and I saved the serial # plates. In Alabama, there are no titles for 74 and earlier vehicles, so no #'s are sent to the state, when they are crushed. I have a feeling there may be more than one "53" that is a fake. Clones are O.K., but are so being pasted off as original when they have #'s from crushed cars?

Tex in Alabama

Tex E. Grier

My goodness, how bad a shape were they in? There was nothing usable on them? I would love to have a 53 or 54, it kills me to think they are being crushed.............

Comment

My goodness, how bad a shape were they in? There was nothing usable on them? I would love to have a 53 or 54, it kills me to think they are being crushed.............

Comment

The two I crushed were not 53-54's. one was a 55 commander doner car, and the other a M-15. Both were completely stripped and the rest was RUST. both had frames rusted in half.

Tex in Al.
        53 C coupe

Tex E. Grier

Comment

The two I crushed were not 53-54's. one was a 55 commander doner car, and the other a M-15. Both were completely stripped and the rest was RUST. both had frames rusted in half.

Tex in Al.
          53 C coupe

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Around here we call those "drivers".

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Tex in Al.
            53 C coupe
            Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
            http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
            Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Around here we call those "drivers".

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Tex in Al.
              53 C coupe
              Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA
              Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
              http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
              Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Tex, Bob Johnstone of Great Falls VA has the closest thing to a grave yard list that exists. You can reach him at his website
                studebaker-info.org.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Tex, Bob Johnstone of Great Falls VA has the closest thing to a grave yard list that exists. You can reach him at his website
                  studebaker-info.org.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                  X