66 Daytona Which engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
    Haven't committed to the purchase yet. He has seven Studebakers for sale plus some parts. Also a Packard 352, complete. The 327 and four speed would make a great driver. One of the other cars that he has is a 47 stude business coupe. Also fairly rough, but a good candidate for a hot rod.
    Oh, heck, Go with the Packard in it! It might not be an easy swap, but no one else will have one!
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

I have a T10 4 speed out of an Avanti 2 which used a Chevy engine, for sale.
      Robert Kapteyn
      studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Going back to 1982 or '83 we went to an Iroquois Chapter meet at the Art Park in Lewiston NY along with several other Ontario Chapter members.

At the park l met a gentleman with a very nice '66 Daytona, green with white vinyl roof, a ringer for the one in the '66 brochure. He took me over to see his car, to prove that he had removed " that GM crap" (or words to that effect) from the car and installed a "much better" Studebaker 289 which, of course, looked absolutely at home in the engine bay. Wish l knew what happened to the car. l've thot of it often (rather fondly, if l can confess) over the years, especially when hearing of so many engine swaps in so many Studes having been made in the other direction.
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

The car is in Spring Creek NV. Close to Elko. Serial # C 130667. He would like to get it sold, and I think it may be more project than I want. I will post some for sale info in the sale portion of forum. He has a few NOS parts with it. Bumpers grill inserts and taillight inserts.

Comment

Working...
          X