Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    I would not try SMS unless you are prepared to wait about a year for it.

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
    rkapteyn. Do you know if Loga is doing his own carpet or is he just drop shipping a carpet from another supplier?
    I will ask him.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Originally posted by mch View Post
    I ordered a set from Dave Thibeault,; he is currently away at the meet.
    This is the 3rd set of carpets for 3 different Studebakers , I am pleased with all the sets.
    Mark
    Anybody know where Dave gets his? How long did it take to get yours Mark ?

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    I was helping a Friend install a/c in his Hawk and I noticed how nice the Carpet was and detailed , It was from Loga , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    The appearance, when stepping into an early 1960's Studebaker, is that the carpet is cut pile. I had to pull out my reading glasses and part the nap of the carpet to determine that it was actually loop pile. So, to keep my Studebakers looking like original I use cut pile.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    rkapteyn. Do you know if Loga is doing his own carpet or is he just drop shipping a carpet from another supplier?

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Ernie Loga supplied some very nice carpets for a friend of mine.
    http://www.studebakervendors.com/loga/

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Brent. You maybe right but the 64 had loop on the doors and the floor. It had been replaced so maybe it was done then. I didn't care for the look so will order the cut pile. Just trying to order as much of the parts I still need as I can . Will only order what I have the cash for so that won't go far. Took the heads in last week so when they are done I can put the motor together and do some more work on the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    The original floor carpet was loop, but if I recall correctly, the door panel carpet was originally cut pile. For what it is worth, I don't like loop pile as it can get snagged....so I switched to cut pile for the floor of my Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    I do believe loop is what was in the car to start with and I would guess cut pile was no available at the time. I'm not a big it has to be the way Studebaker built it kind of guy. If I can do anything to make it better and not break the bank I will. The cut pile looks so much better than the loop why would you even waste your time.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    If you look closely at the original early-1960s Studebaker carpet you will find that it is loop pile, but it is a "fuzzy loop." It looks like cut pile at a distance. So, a modern loop pile carpet (that isn't fuzzy) might look less original than a modern cut pile.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Yes Loop is correct, most U.S. Cars of the '60's had that.

Leave a comment:

• studeski
    replied
    I don't know if my carpet is original. My 64 Daytona has a loop pile carpet. Is that what the factory used?

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Need it for a 64 GT in Red. Will be ordering from Automotive Interiors right after the first of the month.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    What color are you looking for. I have one NOS for a GT Hawk in Blue What year are you looking for???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X