A ride in Frank's 41.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ride in Frank's 41.

I met 41Frank several years ago in Branson and we always have good visits when we see each other. I am a big fan of his R2 powered 41 sedan and wanted a ride. I finally got my wish! What a ride. Frank loves to chirp the tires and he did a burnout in front of the motel. I just wish someone had gotten a picture for me.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I met Frank about 3 years ago at a car show in Laughlin Nevada. He is a great knowledgeable guy who I believe winters in Arizona, hence his ability to be in shows out west. His car is very well thought out and I'm sure it performs as well as it looks.
    Cheers, Bill

Comment

Nice car for sure! R2, even better. Owner not afraid to exercise his right foot...best ever! Lucky you for getting a ride...I want one too. cheers, junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Frank speaks softly and drives his '41 not so softly when he wants to. Great car owned by a true Stude guy and wife (Elizabeth).
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
        https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Frank's 41 is the true definition of a Sleeper...
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thank you for all the kind words guys! Other than occasionally converting tire rubber into smoke the car will perform rather well on the drag strip. It really was not intentionnally built as a car to race with at first, just an old school sleeper street rod. But as time went by I have run it a few times and was surprised at the times it was capable of considering the car weighs 3660#'s with me in it and has power steering, power brakes and AC. The all time best 1/4 mile elapsed time turned so far has been a 13.99 at 97.05 mph, muscle car territory. I built the R-2 289 Studebaker engine with a 40 thousands overbore, R-3 intake valves and other head work was done by Ted Harbit, it also has R-3 cast iron headers and 2 1/4 exhaust with cutouts. The rear end is a NOS Avanti Dana 44 with 4.09 gears. The engine drives a TCI Streetfighter GM 200 4R OD through a 2200-2500 stall converter. The '41 was invited and will be displayed at the Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals in a high performance Studebaker display called "Studebaker Legends". SDC'r Ed George is once again instrumental in putting this together this year at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont,(Chicago) IL. This November 23 and 24.
            Last edited by 41 Frank; 09-19-2019, 04:13 AM.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank we missed you this year in Mansfield, Ian and I made the rounds first the Avanti meet in Dayton and then the SDC meet in Mansfield. We drove my custom conversion van and did around 6,000 miles this trip, take care Frank and hope to see at the next one........Bob and Ian Mackellar.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Good to hear from you Bob! Hi Ian, filling up another container? We decided to sit this one out and do some different things this year. Maybe next year.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                X