Who's driving Stude power to IM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's driving Stude power to IM?

Ok who's driving a Studebaker powered car to the International Meet?

I saw a 4 door white Avanti headed north on I57 in MO. today. Guess it was going to the meet early? Anybody have any ideal who it belonged too?

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post

I saw a 4 door white Avanti headed north on I57 in MO. today. Guess it was going to the meet early? Anybody have any ideal who it belonged too?
    The AOAI (Avanti) International Convention just ended in Dayton, Ohio. Some were going to attend both. Bob Peterson was going to do that and he has a 1990 (four door) Avanti. I do not remember the color of his car, but that is a likely candidate. Of course that Avanti not only doesn't fit your "Stude power" criterion, it is also not a Studebaker.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We are driving our 63 Avanti R-1 to Mansfield , Ed

Comment

Your right two, different questions. It was nice to see a Studeish car on the road. Its been about two years since I've seen a Studebaker driven on the interstate.

Comment

Driving 2. A 59 wagon a d a 63 Daytona R2.

Comment

We are headed to Mansfield on Tuesday in our Lark Convert (259). See you there.
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Headed from Massachusetts to Mansfield, OH in our 1941 Commander Land Cruiser. We did too many miles on I-80 in PA, so got off and headed north on US15 to Mansfield,PA, then west on 2-lane US 6 - nice cruising road for old cars. Had a fun stop at the PA Lumber Museum. We’ll meander through western PA and on to Mansfield (the one in Ohio) on Sunday. Wave if you see us, but we haven’t seen any Studebakers yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	69D1E116-81AE-4571-98DE-D14966BB1D2F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1729470Click image for larger version

Name:	5FE17BAB-3554-4841-A028-758340B7FD2D.jpg
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1729471Click image for larger version

Name:	38B5278E-C729-4592-9A85-4BD60FF0A5E6.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1729472
              Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
              ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard
              web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

We will have driven our stock '51 Champion almost 1000 miles getting to Mansfield. The car has been a real champion, getting 23-24mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  The AOAI (Avanti) International Convention just ended in Dayton, Ohio. Some were going to attend both. Bob Peterson was going to do that and he has a 1990 (four door) Avanti. I do not remember the color of his car, but that is a likely candidate. Of course that Avanti not only doesn't fit your "Stude power" criterion, it is also not a Studebaker.
                  Bob's Avanti is white. Previously owned by Chuck Naugle.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I'll be driving my '55 Land Cruiser, Wednesday, but it's only 50 moles. I know, It's a President Sate Sedan. I like Land Cruiser, better.

Comment

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post

You probably saw Richard and Nita Ketchum headed in early for the board meeting. Nita just bought Ray Bates Avanti II 4 door at his sale.
                      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Will be driving our '64 Hawk to the meet. About 410 miles.

Comment

Not sure if he will chime in, but I will speak for a friend who is driving out from Easton, PA - think he said six or seven hour drive. He will be driving his '64 Daytona hardtop - 289, 4brl, 4speed, and a laundry list of accessories - restored it the way he would have bought it.

Comment

Think your right 52-fan

Comment

I will be driving my 62 GT Hawk. Not sure if I will take the Interstates or back roads. See you all there Tuesday night.

Peter Bishop
                              Director,
                              Northeast Zone

Comment

Working...
                              X