Interior in finished 51 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior in finished 51 Commander

Long time coming. Finished interior today. Have a few final touches, Transmission hole cover , reinstall seat belts. Carpet went in OK, It was a little shorter on each side than I liked but worked in the end. Back carpet was a little short front to back but still looks good. Overall good for a nice driver.
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport
    59 Renault 4CV

Really looks good. You have done a great job. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Comment

Looks nice, Jim.
      I do like the material and contrast you incorporated in to the seats and side panels. And the addition of the little straps to open the rear arm rests is cool.
      You mention that the front carpet is a little short on each side. In those years Studebaker didn't tuck the carpet under the door threshold plates. It just laid loose on top. Though I think tucking it under gives a neat appearance.
      Super job.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I was able to get the carpet to tuck under the sill plates and the kick panels. Placing the carpet in the sun in 110degrees helps the carpet stretch a bit. The carpet is a dark grey, not black. I used the black vinyl to cover the inside firewall pad. It helps to tie things in.
        62 Volvo PV544 Sport
        59 Renault 4CV

Comment

62 Volvo PV544 Sport
          59 Renault 4CV

Comment

Looks great Jim. It's come a long way.
            3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

I think it looks great too. Very tasteful and not over the top. Nice job!

Comment

Working...
              X