FYI, eBay scammer alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, eBay scammer alert

Be aware that Dave Young, from Oceanside California, using “davesautohouse” and a couple other names on eBay is a BIG TIME scammer. I am told he is working on an Avanti so he may try to buy some parts from you. His scam is, he buys the part and complains that there is a problem with it and demands they he can send it back. You then get back his damaged part that he says you sent him and eBay backs him up and you get screwed. He ends up with the good part and his money back. I just went thru this. EBay debits my PayPal account for $494.00 and pays him and also pays the $65.00 for him to ship it back and of course it is not what I sent him. After much research and many, many phone calls I finally got my money back and from the research I did that doesn’t happen very often. He gets the part he wants and his money back to. Easy to find more information on him with Google. My advice is, don’t sell this guy anything.

Originally posted by redbullet View Post
    Easy to find more information on him with Google.
    I've googled "Dave Young", Dave Young eBay", and "davesautohouse"...nothing about a scam. Do you have some links you can post?
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Google David Young eBay scammer. It will come up. If not I will post links later

Comment

Here is a thread on a Corvette forum about him: http://https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/3693960-david-young-scam-alert-pm-for-more-information.html
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

thanks so much for the heads up
          mark

Comment

Wow, what is unbelievable is, this Corvette String started in June of 2018 and the Perp. is is STILL at it!

All eBay does is pay off SOME of your losses IF you are lucky, and he keeps the Money, AND the good Part, you get the junk one and the Frustration, loss of sleep and maybe the shipping cost! ...Wonderful!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Amazing, some have no conscience.

Comment

I've had several dealings with this A-hole. He's a real pain. He has bought several Avanti items from me. He inundates me with emails and makes unreasonable demands. Even though he pays more than the items are worth I've blocked him from bidding on eBay. Just not worth the bother. Usually takes at least a week to pay. The following are the eBay accounts that I know of:
                davesautohouse; thefinecarcollection; 1sunshineman; I-owner-yenko-1-88
                He has addresses in Oceanside and Menifee, CA.
                email addresses: finecarcollection@hotmail.com; daveyoung1966@hotmail.com

Comment

rbisacca, 10 days with no reply here, he was out of town, sure he was. Paid on the 12th day after many emails back and forth demanding a lower shipping price, which he didn't get. Be glad he didn't return the "not as described" parts to you.

Comment

Rbisacca, sure he pays more than its worth cuz he always asks for refunds without sending part back.

Comment

As an eBay seller since '98, let me assure you that eBay and Paypal will always side with a buyer - crooked or otherwise. That's how they make $$$. I advise clearly stating in ads that returns are not accepted and REFUNDS will not be made. Show clear and concise pics of the item being sold in the ad and then make pics of it being placed in the shipping box. Insure everything to protect yourself. That way either the USPS or UPS may get stuck for claimed damages. eBay created this problem years ago by disallowing honest negative FB to be left for buyers. They're greedy idiots that propagate fraud. However, you can still detail your problems under "neutral" FB which will give others a heads-up. IF you get the shaft, file a complaint with your state attorneys general consumer fraud division. Neither eBay nor Paypal like dealing with them.
                      edp/NC
                      \'63 Avanti
                      \'66 Commander

Comment

edpjr, It was noted I don't accept returns. But when they claim that it didn't match the description you have to take it back. And in this case he took it apart and removed the parts he needed from inside and then claimed there were "interior parts missing". So a picture would not have showed anything. You are correct the eBay rules make it very convenient for the crooks to steel from you.

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                          As an eBay seller since '98, let me assure you that eBay and Paypal will always side with a buyer - crooked or otherwise. That's how they make $$$. I advise clearly stating in ads that returns are not accepted and REFUNDS will not be made. Show clear and concise pics of the item being sold in the ad and then make pics of it being placed in the shipping box. Insure everything to protect yourself. That way either the USPS or UPS may get stuck for claimed damages. eBay created this problem years ago by disallowing honest negative FB to be left for buyers. They're greedy idiots that propagate fraud. However, you can still detail your problems under "neutral" FB which will give others a heads-up. IF you get the shaft, file a complaint with your state attorneys general consumer fraud division. Neither eBay nor Paypal like dealing with them.
                          After reading your post and seeing your description of e-Bay, I have to ask why you are still selling there?
                          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                            However, you can still detail your problems under "neutral" FB which will give others a heads-up.
                            Unfortunately this is not an option. Sellers only option is "Positive" or "Report buyer".

Comment

So, what happens if you "report Buyer"?

Comment

Working...
                              X