Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lelshaddai
    replied
    Here is a picture of the electronic trap with the rat. Zapped this one today. Second one this week. Can runon batteries or plug it in. I have poison out, regular traps. This is what works. Runs about $30 from Amazon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-20 10.37.01.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1803088

Name:	2019-09-20 10.36.56.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1803087

Name:	2019-09-20 10.37.15.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1803089

Leave a comment:

• lelshaddai
    replied
    Just yesterday I found a zapped rat in my electronic trap. I placed the trap between the front and back seat. This trap works well. It has a little light and makes a noise when you have one zapped.

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    Ha Tim you're funny! I didn't say do it like everyday...I meant like once a season or twice. I don't pee on the car. Residential? Well when I have a fire in the backyard I scare away coyotes, but tend to attract deer. Shot several varmints but eat from grocery stores. I guess you decide. My point was perhaps buying some Lion piss may help (for you residential types)!!! Mice don't like company. I'm done...I got to go....outside!!!! Wink

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Jg, surely you must not live in a residential area. The smell of pee around your garage and car? Yuk!

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    I've posted this before and get laughed at, but I don't have mice! I drink my beer (or root beer if you prefer) and pee around the garage openings and around the car. Animals are smell oriented and they don't like to think you are around. I leave a light on most times and spray WD-40 and other things. Mice want to avoid people. Make yourself known.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    Yup, after they quit selling the wedge shaped boxes of decon, the yellow paddle traps have been the most effective at my place. I've been using the tidy cab stuff for 9 months now & so far so good inside the cars.

I've been wanting to make one of those 5 gallon bucket traps, but haven't gotten around to it. With so many raccoons around here I could only do it in the buildings that I can close up.
    Mike Sal

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Well, this sure sucks. A squirrel or something ate every bit of peanut butter off the pop can on my 5 gallon bucket trap, and there is nothing in the drain oil.
    In the last 5 days I set out 2 plastic cheese paddle mouse traps and caught 9 mice. I put the mice in a pie tin in the back yard for the birds and my neighbor's cat.
    So far the cheese paddle Victor mouse traps have been the best. Last year I set the same 2 traps in front of the garage door and caught 2 dozen mice before they quit coming.

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    I had mice in my garage, car and house two years ago, they were all over the place (I live in the country). If I set traps they would take the bait and not set them off. I sprayed the place, car and garage with peppermint oil; evedently they don't like it, just made it smell like Christmas for a few days to me, and baited the traps with a suet type poison. They still took the bait but never came back. Haven't seen a mouse or rat since.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Originally posted by leonp View Post
    To keep mice under control on my outdoor parts cars I leave the windows or something open and put out cat food a couple times a week for the local stray felines.
    That is an organic way to control the mice, but what about the cat urine odor inside the cars?

Leave a comment:

• leonp
    replied
    To keep mice under control on my outdoor parts cars I leave the windows or something open and put out cat food a couple times a week for the local stray felines.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    they got into my 50 champ & destroyed the front seat. I now use that stuff call tidy cab I think. Smells nice to us, but I guess bad to the buggers.....I hope it keeps working....
    Mike Sal

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    I had to set traps IN my 55 at one point.

Leave a comment:

• lelshaddai
    replied
    Got this trap from Amazon. Plug it in, or use batteries, set it on the floor of the car, they crawl inside, and it zaps them. I have zapped several large roof rats.

Eliminator Powerful Electronic Mouse Rodent Trap Killer -Eliminate Mice, Rats, Chipmunks and Squirrels Humanely, Efficiently and Safely Without Poison

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    We have one very good cat. She hunts non stop, and we havn't had a single mouse.

Leave a comment:

• 56H-Y6
    replied
    Dryer sheets work well to repel rodents, also whole and ground cloves and coffee grounds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X