1961 Hawk headrests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk headrests

My 1961 Hawk has the optional headrests and I am wondering how many of these sets were sold? Does anybody have this information available?
    Don Watson
    61 Hawk

There would be no way to know that, but I just can't see the importance of knowing that data.

Someone would have to Pay by the hour, to sort ALL of 1961 Prod. Orders looking for C6 Hawks, then sort those for "Factory Installed Headrests with appropriate Seats", Left, Right, Both, Bucket, Non-reclining, Reclining, special order Bench.

Yes, they were "Rarer" than Non-Headrest Seats and the Seats ARE different.

The same Headrests were used for "Groups of years" in all Models; Lark/Hawk, pretty much all the same 1959 to 1966.

There was one change about '64, from straight, to an offset vertical Post, moving the Cushion Fore/Aft. position.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-29-2019, 03:38 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well I at least got a sense of the headrest situation in the Studebaker world, Thanks
      Don Watson
      61 Hawk

Comment

I had 2 front headrests in a 1960 Lark,and it was the only Studebaker I'd ever seen with them.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

A few years back at a South Bend meet someone outside had a headrest set on a table with not much else. I asked about them and was told they were rare '61 Hawk headrests and the price about knocked me backwards

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Car Fun 2014 012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1729465
            Don't often see headrests in Studebakers, I have only seen one other, a single right hand headrest in a 63 Hawk. They don't look out of place.
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
            X