1961 Lark Marshal what we are learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich,

Does the '#165 Accurate Speedometer' in that '61 Marshal also have the long needle like the '64 Marshal's?

Craig

Comment

The "Certified" Speedometers have a longer, fine Point Needle and ONE Mile Per Hour Marks.

In the Daylight tomorrow, I will check to be sure the '61's ARE that type.
      I do know that it is a 120 MPH one of course, before the Jet Thrust Engine option happened.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,
        Here is a picture of the speedo.
        Attached Files
        Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Anyone have a photo of the Leece-Neville alternators? I remember them as being huge, heavy things which were more common on commercial trucks.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

PackardV8, I typed this in on Google: vintage Leese Neville alternators A lot of pics and descriptions came up. Didn't know exactly which one you wanted to see, but there is some good pics and info !

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Rich,
              Does the '#165 Accurate Speedometer' in that '61 Marshal also have the long needle like the '64 Marshal's?
              Craig
              So it is in ONE MPH increments.
              It is weird though, that it is on the opposite side from Civilian Larks!

Thanks for the Pic Mark.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 01-06-2020, 04:37 PM.
              StudeRich

Comment

So it is in ONE MPH increments.
                It is weird though, that it is on the opposite side from Civilian Larks!

Yes, I just noticed that its on the left, and THANKS, Rich, for getting a photo of it!! Strange, because the housings are a different size, and the larger one won't fit into the smaller opening on the dash. At least that is the case with '59 & '60 Larks.

Craig

Comment

Craig, I have never actually measured them, but I am pretty sure all the Large "holes" in the '61 to '66 Dashes are all the same size; Speedometer, Gauge Cluster, Clock, Tach, whatever.

That is how they were able to switch the Speedometer and the Clock/Tach between '63 and '64-'66 years.

Also Mark helped me find the Police Car, brought it Home, and Temp. stored it for us, so that is why that is HIS Pic, thanks a bunch Mark.
                  StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                    Anyone have a photo of the Leece-Neville alternators? I remember them as being huge, heavy things which were more common on commercial trucks.

jack vines
                    Funny you mention Leese-Neville alternators. In 68 or 69 I bought a 61 Marshal 2 dr sedan parts car. It was white with not much interior. The wire harness was fried. It had a good running 289 4 barrel and a HD FL. It had finned drums. I don't remember much else. I did use the alternator on my Superlark. I remember the solid state regulator was expensive as I had to buy one. I might still have the mounting bracket for it. It mounted to the 2 right front head bolts. Those two head bolts had a integral stud coming up from the head like on an Avanti blower mount. No I don't have a picture of it but it was big.
                    james r pepper

Comment

Working...
                    X