No announcement yet.

The Studebaker Electric Fountain is turned on! 8-20-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came from the park and there is no parking anywhere near the fountain. As a matter of fact, there's not much parking anywhere near the park other then on a couple side streets.
    Fountain is larger then I expected and looks fantastic. Wasn't running while I was there. Will be going back on Sunday during the dedication party for donors to the restoration in hopes of getting better pictures and having it pumping water.

Originally posted by JayBird View Post
    The question is did they design it with a photo op in mind and provide a place for Studebaker parking using the fountain as the background, 1,000,000 useless bonus points to the first one to post a pic of their Studebaker in front of the fountain.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
      Just came from the park and there is no parking anywhere near the fountain. As a matter of fact, there's not much parking anywhere near the park other then on a couple side streets.
      I would suspect parking will be at the Visitors Parking lot, just across Park Lane from the fountain location, due north of Main St.
      https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...!4d-86.2545867

Click image for larger version

Name:	Site-Render.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1729317
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Brad, that's correct but they would like as many Studebakers as possible there on the 25th. There is also a very neat brick patio around the fountain with the names of all donors who made this restoration possible.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Name:	IMG_0828.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1729348Just back from the dedication of the fountain. What fun with the Studebakers and the period costumes, but the star attraction was the fountain with all the colors of lights and combinations of several. I think we got some good pictures and will try to post some tomorrow.
          To all those that supported and worked on this project, your efforts are well rewarded. The fountain is a great asset to Leeper Park and to South Bend.
          Sorry the photo is on it's side. The fountain is actually installed correctly. Will try to correct this before adding more.
          Last edited by thunderations; 08-26-2019, 06:54 AM. Reason: Add Photos
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
            There is also a very neat brick patio around the fountain with the names of all donors who made this restoration possible.
            Will additional bricks be added as contributions continue to be accepted to assist in the ongoing maintenance that the fountain will require?
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Good Question Brad. I don't know but Vickie McIntyre sure would. I'll see if I can dig up her addy for you.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

From what I heard, contributions by selling bricks will be ongoing for maintenance and additional landscaping.
                Still trying to get the pictures to load correctly. Seems like clicking twice turns the photo right side up and lets it be enlarged..Click image for larger version

Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1729349
                1950 Champion 4Dr
                1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Very, very nice !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1729351

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Found this documentary online about the Studebaker Fountain produced by WNIT. Great content, about 60 minutes long.

https://www.wnit.org/programs/specia...-fountain.html

Comment

The Fountain does look great. What a nice thing to have happen to South Bend's Leeper Park! The locals should appreciate it.
                      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Everything is fenced off today... but thanks to my telephoto I get see this:

Name:	IMG_6650.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1729500

Comment

Working...
                        X