The Studebaker Electric Fountain is turned on! 8-20-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Studebaker Electric Fountain is turned on! 8-20-19

I haven't seen this yet anyplace but Facebook but, The Studebaker Electric Fountain, absent from Leeper Park in South Bend for the past seventy years is once again flowing. If you have access to Facebook you can probably see this.

https://www.facebook.com/tribune.mar...2098921403635/
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Guess another trip to SB is in order
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Visiting relatives in SB right now before heading to Mansfield.
      Guess I'll be going to the park tomorrow.
      Thanks for the update.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

That's neat!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Cool! Can't wait until next May!

Comment

https://www.abc57.com/news/113-year-...fully-restored
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Brad, thanks for posting this. I know it has been a labor of love for Vickie McIntire for well over three years.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Very nice; what an accomplishment! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm getting two different dates for the re-dedication. This article says August 25TH and the article in the South Bend Tribune says October 9th. Anyone know which is correct or is the re-dedication and the "ribbon cutting ceremony" 2 different things?

1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

All of the literature I've gotten from Vickie has said August 25th unless it has changed in the last few days.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                      I'm getting two different dates for the re-dedication. This article says August 25TH and the article in the South Bend Tribune says October 9th. Anyone know which is correct or is the re-dedication and the "ribbon cutting ceremony" 2 different things?
                      Wouldn't October 9th be a little late in the year to dedicate an outdoor fountain? I'm sure the city would be getting about ready to do their annual 'winter shutdown' for outdoor fountains, pools, etc.

Craig

Comment

How do I get a hold of Vickie? I'm in South Bend and would like to attend the dedication if it's August 25TH. Very little info available. Channel 57 has an hour program about the fountain on the 25TH.

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                        All of the literature I've gotten from Vickie has said August 25th unless it has changed in the last few days.
                        1950 Champion 4Dr
                        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                          How do I get a hold of Vickie? I'm in South Bend and would like to attend the dedication if it's August 25TH. Very little info available. Channel 57 has an hour program about the fountain on the 25TH.
                          This is the invitation I received for the dedication on the 25th. Can't make it as I'm all the way in Maine, you can go in my place and drive your Stude!Click image for larger version

Name:	leeper park.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1729313

Comment

Wow, Thank you. It's a little late to RSVP, but I'll call and see if I can crash the party for some pictures. If nothing else this explains the 2 different dates for dedication.

Originally posted by Mark Klinger View Post
                            This is the invitation I received for the dedication on the 25th. Can't make it as I'm all the way in Maine, you can go in my place and drive your Stude![ATTACH=CONFIG]83483[/ATTACH]
                            1950 Champion 4Dr
                            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

The question is did they design it with a photo op in mind and provide a place for Studebaker parking using the fountain as the background, 1,000,000 useless bonus points to the first one to post a pic of their Studebaker in front of the fountain.

Comment

Working...
                              X