• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

Is there any chance for another one in Orlando?[]

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

I would guess that there is not only a chance, but a strong probability. The last SDC International in Orlando was in 1984. There are many active SDC Chapters in Florida and many SDC memebers in Florida (many transplants/retirees). Maybe the Orlando area chapter doesn't want to do it, but maybe another chapter in Florida could have a convention in another part of Florida. I have gone to at least seven meets in Florida, including the International in Orlando, (from NY) and enjoyed them. The person to contact about your desire to have a Florida meet is the SDC Vice President who is also Chairman of the International Meet Committee. With three west of the Mississippi meets coming up, SDC should be planning something on the east coast (after Pennsylvania, etc.).

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• 4961Studebaker
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

We in the Ozark Trails Chapter are looking forward to hosting our third International Meet. Hope to see you all there in 2011.
    I haven't participated in an International since the Last one in Springfield, (took photo's in Omaha)

I hope to have Chop Stu done by then for it's 50th birthday.

Chop Stu

Leave a comment:

• Dick Clemens
    replied
    Hey guys I'm 74 and if I can get somebody to share room expenses with I will be at Lancaster this year. Got the transportation taken care of(helps to be an Atrak retiree)freeeeeeeeeee.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Leave a comment:

• studelark
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by ST2DE5

2011 will be in Springfield, Missouri. What bothers me I'll be 71 years old.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Not to worry!!! I'm 71 and headed for Lancaster this year. Surely you'll be able to do the same in 2011!!

Frank Drumheller
    Louisa, VA

60S-W6
    1948 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Is there any chance for another one in Orlando?[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    That's right Tim, it is a much drier heat in the "Valley of the Sun".
    As for the humidity.....only when you have a "Monsoonal" strom
    pass through, for the most part.....

If you believe in the weather forcasters, the average temperature
    for late May/early June, in Phoenix, is about 102+/-.....

glen

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by dmanley

[8D]The sites for International Meets are set through 2012 at least and the Turning Wheels has the info. you need. 2008 Lancaster,PA., 2009 Cedar Rapids,Iowa.
    2010 Glendale, AZ. in the Phoenix metropolitan area at the new Rennaissance Hotel next to the Phoenix Cardinals Stadium. The Meet will be the first one west of the Mississippi since 2005 and will be a beautiful site and great weather. The AZ. 2010 Committee or "Posse" will be at the 2008 and 2009 Meets and everywhere else we can go to publicize our upcoming meet before the event and will be happy to give you any information you need to make the trip to Arizona.Don't let anyone tell you the heat here is a problem. The meet will be very user friendly and we have taken all creature comforts into consideration. Wear a hat, bring your sunglasses and be ready to have fun.

Deanna Manley
    Co-Chair SDC 2010 International Meet
    Grand Canyon State Chapter
    So Deanna - Do you have info packets available for mail out to prospective attendees?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Cedar Rapids 2009 dates are July 12-18th.Nice and humid that time of year.[8D][][xx(]

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    The weather in the AZ desert in late May-early June will be sunny, warm but not hot as Deanna mentioned above for the 2010 meet in Glendale (western suburb of Phoenix). It doesn't get humid (40+%) until late June-early July. Never as humid as the midwest.

Tim-53 Custom Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ

Leave a comment:

• Studenut
    replied
    OK, I find the dates for Phoenix-Glendale (2010) and Springfield (2011) in the above posts, but can anyone give me the dates for Cedar Rapids in 2009? I know, it has been in Turning Wheels, but I can't find the appropriate issue at the moment.
    And concerning the possible heat in the Phoenix area in early June, I would ask you to remember the South Bend meet which was the last one where the show cars were arranged around the old Newman-Altman building!! That was probably the most uncomfortable high humidity heat experience of my life, much worse than Phoenix.
    Thanks!

Jerry Buck
    Racine, Wisconsin
    '53 Champion Coupe - C (owned since 1956)
    '61 Lark VI Convertible

Leave a comment:

• dmanley
    replied
    [8D]The sites for International Meets are set through 2012 at least and the Turning Wheels has the info. you need. 2008 Lancaster,PA., 2009 Cedar Rapids,Iowa.
    2010 Glendale, AZ. in the Phoenix metropolitan area at the new Rennaissance Hotel next to the Phoenix Cardinals Stadium. The Meet will be the first one west of the Mississippi since 2005 and will be a beautiful site and great weather. The AZ. 2010 Committee or "Posse" will be at the 2008 and 2009 Meets and everywhere else we can go to publicize our upcoming meet before the event and will be happy to give you any information you need to make the trip to Arizona.Don't let anyone tell you the heat here is a problem. The meet will be very user friendly and we have taken all creature comforts into consideration. Wear a hat, bring your sunglasses and be ready to have fun.

Deanna Manley

Leave a comment:

• dmanley
    replied

Deanna Manley

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    They had info packets out at York for the next 4 Int'l. meets; so now I've got all the info!

Thanks all!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    They had info packets out at York for the next 4 Int'l. meets; so now I've got all the info!

Thanks all!

Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Springfield, MO will be held June 19-25, 2011. The meet will be at the same loction for the last two Internationals held in Springfield. The Hotel is called Oasis Inn and Convention Center. The swap meet will be at the Missouri Entertainment and Event Center. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    Thank you 52-Fan we're looking forward to hosting.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X