No announcement yet.

Upcoming Int'l Meets- when and where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:The way gas prices are headed it'll be $4.00 a pop by the time summer rolls around. That is going to cramp my style as far as travel anywhere goes. At 14 mpg it is spendy. So I'll not be attending any of these Nationals. Kinda makes me wonder about this old car hobby. Put all that money in the durn thing and then can't enjoy it anyway.

Wagone,

I believe you're looking at this Old Car hobby wrong. Driving a old car is about the experience and running into people with similar interests. Of course everybody has ton of Questions about your car and it is a long cry cheaper to drive a Studebaker at 13 MPG than jetting around in motorboat for a weekend! Even at 13 MPG and $4.00 a gallon the utils of entertainment value exceeds the cost.

1964 GT Hawk R2 Clone
    Oakville, Ontario.

Hamilton Chapter
    See you at Niagara 2008 Crossroads Zone Meet July 18-20
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

quote:The way gas prices are headed it'll be $4.00 a pop by the time summer rolls around. That is going to cramp my style as far as travel anywhere goes. At 14 mpg it is spendy. So I'll not be attending any of these Nationals. Kinda makes me wonder about this old car hobby. Put all that money in the durn thing and then can't enjoy it anyway.

Wagone,

I believe you're looking at this Old Car hobby wrong. Driving a old car is about the experience and running into people with similar interests. Of course everybody has ton of Questions about your car and it is a long cry cheaper to drive a Studebaker at 13 MPG than jetting around in motorboat for a weekend! Even at 13 MPG and $4.00 a gallon the utils of entertainment value exceeds the cost.

1964 GT Hawk R2 Clone
      Oakville, Ontario.

Hamilton Chapter
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me

Wagone,

1964 GT Hawk R2 Clone
        Oakville, Ontario.

Hamilton Chapter
        Ditto, Studebaker-r2-4me, besides, When you know this far in advance where they are going to be, if you really wanted to, you could Plan ahead and save up, or make a budget to take the trip.

I am glad that next year it is in Iowa, only about four hours from my home. Due to time restraints and my job situation, I am afraid that is going to be my first time to be able to go to the national. I am still going to try to make it this year if events play out in my favor.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me

Wagone,

1964 GT Hawk R2 Clone
          Oakville, Ontario.

Hamilton Chapter
          Ditto, Studebaker-r2-4me, besides, When you know this far in advance where they are going to be, if you really wanted to, you could Plan ahead and save up, or make a budget to take the trip.

I am glad that next year it is in Iowa, only about four hours from my home. Due to time restraints and my job situation, I am afraid that is going to be my first time to be able to go to the national. I am still going to try to make it this year if events play out in my favor.

Comment

While we're at it, what are the dates of each?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

While we're at it, what are the dates of each?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Let me be the 1st to say to you: The Glendale, AZ International Meet, at the new Renissance
                Hotel, will be held May 31 through June 4th 2010!!!! Just at the beginning of the "Heat"
                season...remember it is the dry type, not like the type in "Okie homa"....Camels will be seen!!!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Let me be the 1st to say to you: The Glendale, AZ International Meet, at the new Renissance
                  Hotel, will be held May 31 through June 4th 2010!!!! Just at the beginning of the "Heat"
                  season...remember it is the dry type, not like the type in "Okie homa"....Camels will be seen!!!

Comment

My only experience is Pryor...which is near Claremore.....NE Okie homa

Comment

My only experience is Pryor...which is near Claremore.....NE Okie homa

Comment

For my part, I'm really looking forward to the International meet being in Springfield in 2011. From the mid 70s into the 80s I was able to go to almost all the Internationals and had a fine time.
                        Family, job changes and the like have conspired to keep me from going to one since Estes Park. Thank goodness there are local chapters, smaller meets that are closer, and the FORUM that can keep the spirit alive![]
                        Of course, none of us knows what the next few years will bring, but I look forward to meeting some of the forum members in person.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

For my part, I'm really looking forward to the International meet being in Springfield in 2011. From the mid 70s into the 80s I was able to go to almost all the Internationals and had a fine time.
                          Family, job changes and the like have conspired to keep me from going to one since Estes Park. Thank goodness there are local chapters, smaller meets that are closer, and the FORUM that can keep the spirit alive![]
                          Of course, none of us knows what the next few years will bring, but I look forward to meeting some of the forum members in person.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Springfield, MO will be held June 19-25, 2011. The meet will be at the same loction for the last two Internationals held in Springfield. The Hotel is called Oasis Inn and Convention Center. The swap meet will be at the Missouri Entertainment and Event Center. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
                            Thank you 52-Fan we're looking forward to hosting.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Springfield, MO will be held June 19-25, 2011. The meet will be at the same loction for the last two Internationals held in Springfield. The Hotel is called Oasis Inn and Convention Center. The swap meet will be at the Missouri Entertainment and Event Center. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
                              Thank you 52-Fan we're looking forward to hosting.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

They had info packets out at York for the next 4 Int'l. meets; so now I've got all the info!

Thanks all!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                                X