Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 wagon identification

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Here is a copy of the production order. Have car now also interior fair body fair and power steering has been removed. Decent car will make a good driver I believe 62,000 miles
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks for posting that Production Order.

      Interesting the Production Order refers to it as a 'Wagonaire' with 'sliding roof delete'.

      EDIT

      See if this works without losing too much text on account of pixelation issues:



      Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 09-02-2019, 05:49 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Yes I thought the same thing. I am not sure what DAY 8 means in first line of description?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wasjunk View Post
          Yes I thought the same thing. I am not sure what DAY 8 means in first line of description?
          I believe that is for a V8 Daytona.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

          SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

          Comment


          • #20
            Thank you that makes since as it is a Daytona

            Comment


            • #21
              Would you be able to post a photo of the production order as I can’t see it due to the thumbnails!

              Thanks,
              Mitchell’s Arbrew
              Melbourne, Australia.

              Comment


              • #22
                Now that is a rare car, Dave! A fixed-roof Daytona Wagon with third seat, 289 engine, and factory air conditioning. I'd be surprised if they ever made a second one with those four identifiers, regardless of color combination.

                By the time that wagon was produced, it had become known that the sliders weren't sealing up all that well, so maybe the person ordering it didn't want to chance the leakage.

                Neat car; congratulations. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  It DOES show the (4) 4 Ply. 6.70X15 Captive Air White Wall Tires (which were Goodyear), so originally it did not have a spare and they do not fit with the proper 3rd. seat.

                  Side Note: With MY desktop computer, Windows 10, and Firefox Browser, I click one time on this Thumbnail Pic and it gets big enough to barely read.

                  The 2nd. click makes it smaller, so that and the Original size are unreadable without straining or a Magnifier but OK with method 2.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

                    Side Note: With MY desktop computer, Windows 10, and Firefox Browser, I click one time on this Thumbnail Pic and it gets big enough to barely read.

                    The 2nd. click makes it smaller, so that and the Original size are unreadable without straining or a Magnifier but OK with method 2.
                    You might try holding down the control key, placing the pointer on the picture, and scrolling up with the scroll knob on the mouse... that should enlarge the pic for ya.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Right click the small photo, a box should open, left click on 'save image' in that box, the name of the image should show up at bottom left of your screen, left click there and the image should open on your screen along with some tools to allow you to enlarge, rotate, delete, save, whatever.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                        You might try holding down the control key, placing the pointer on the picture, and scrolling up with the scroll knob on the mouse... that should enlarge the pic for ya.
                        That was an interesting Test! Doing it Dave's way does exactly the same thing as How I change the Page Size by using "Control" + or - , ...Different STROKES!

                        The only problem is, because it is a "Thumbnail", not Uploaded as a "PIC" the Page gets larger but not the Pic.

                        I can read it just fine though even though small, but I was hoping we could help Studes-Australia see it.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

                          I can read it just fine though even though small, but I was hoping we could help Studes-Australia see it.
                          I fixed it for them.
                          Attached Files
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

                          See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hi All,

                            Thanks for putting that one up again I can see it now. Definitely a very unusual wagon and quite original as well!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              Now that is a rare car, Dave! A fixed-roof Daytona Wagon with third seat, 289 engine, and factory air conditioning.
                              As well equipped as it is, I'm very surprised it doesn't have a power tailgate window, especially with that third seat!!

                              Craig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X