Best racing Stude photo of all time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best racing Stude photo of all time??

so this am's peek at the forum led me to this photo of a racing Lark...and what a photo! Love the car's loose attitude and looks like the driver is one-handed driving which makes it all the better. (remember Wild Willie Borsch's one handed driving of the winged express?) While living down-under I really got to appreciate the Aussie and Kiwi 'no fear' attituide on the race tracks... Cheers, Junior

http://www.studebakercarclubnsw.com/...talina1964.jpg

umm, I have no idea what I did wrong (other than incorrectly spell Wild Willie's last name) but it seems I pissed off somebody, somewhere, and for that I apologize. My intent was to share an awesome photo that I found a link to on this forum today. See post #5 and#8.
    Last edited by junior; 08-16-2019, 11:14 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

I get a bright red 'Bandwidth Thief' splashed across my screen when I click the link.

"Bandwidth Thief

Hotlinking to our property is not very friendly, and we do not allow it.

Host your own stuff, at your own cost."

Craig

Comment

Apparently Craig and I are stealing bandwidth. Wonder what that's worth on the open market?

Bob
      , ,

Comment

I got the same message!
        sigpic
        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

OK, try this..........

Copy and paste the following address into your browser, then go down to the very bottom of the page. I think that last pic is the one Junior tried to link to.

www.studebakercarclubnsw.com/heritage07.html

I removed the hyperlink so they should not be able to detect it. We'll see.

Interestingly, this Studebaker Club has a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club main site on their page..................wonder what the difference is?

Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            OK, try this..........

Copy and paste the following address into your browser, then go down to the very bottom of the page. I think that last pic is the one Junior tried to link to.

www.studebakercarclubnsw.com/heritage07.html

I removed the hyperlink so they should not be able to detect it. We'll see.

Interestingly, this Studebaker Club has a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club main site on their page..................wonder what the difference is?

Thanks Paul...that is the photo I wanted to post. I have no idea why the link I posted works on my Windows platform, but not on my ioS platform, as my i Pad gives me the same message others are getting....sheesh, just wanted to share a cool photo. cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The copy and paste worked. Thanks for the photo. There are quite a few others that are interesting as well.

Comment

The links in the original post worked fine for me. Mac, macOS Mojave, 10.14.6

Here's the picture linked to...

...but be sure to go to the site to see them all. What a great collection!

http://www.studebakercarclubnsw.com/heritage07.html
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                  The links in the original post worked fine for me. Mac, macOS Mojave, 10.14.6

Here's the picture linked to...

...but be sure to go to the site to see them all. What a great collection!

http://www.studebakercarclubnsw.com/heritage07.html
                  Thanks for a working direct link Dick. Regarding this series of photos, makes me wonder if the folks down under had a more aggresive circuit-race agenda with Studes from this time period than was happening in the USA at the same time, or is there just a lack of photos of Studes on American circuits? cheers, junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Somebody reversed all the photos.

JT

Comment

Surely somewhere we can find a picture of the Chicken Hawk wheels up and hauling ass?
                      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                        Surely somewhere we can find a picture of the Chicken Hawk wheels up and hauling ass?
                        Does it actually do a wheelie?
                        Attached Files
                        1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                          Post three here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-Retrospective

Craig

Comment

Here's one for those of the straight line racing persuasion...

nessie-2015-006.jpg
                            Dean Seavers
                            Sacramento, CA

Comment

Does it actually do a wheelie?
                              It was known to hook hard and go straight.
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X