Two interesting Avantis at RM's Auburn Fall Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two interesting Avantis at RM's Auburn Fall Sale

Two Avanties are going to sold at RM's fall Auburn event. One is the Roger Ward prize car from the 62 Indianapolis 500 and the other is an real R3 it is the next to last Avanti built and I think the last one sold to the public. I know both cars and would say they are 2+ or better. I hope they do well.

Is that auction a no reserve auction?

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
      Is that auction a no reserve auction?
      Some cars are reserve, Nels; others are not. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peddler View Post
        Two Avanties are going to sold at RM's fall Auburn event. One is the Roger Ward prize car from the 62 Indianapolis 500 and the other is an real R3 it is the next to last Avanti built and I think the last one sold to the public. I know both cars and would say they are 2+ or better. I hope they do well.

The last Studebaker Avanti, R-5643 and currently in the Crawford Museum in Cleveland, was also sold to the public.

Ironically, R-5643 was really the last Studebaker automobile completed in South Bend, as the production order shows the build date as 12/26/63 and the car was still in the plant on 12/31/63, as evidenced by the note by a worker found in the trunk of the car a year or two later by the owner. Of course, Avantis were not assembled on the regular line nor in that building.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
          The last Studebaker Avanti, R-5643 and currently in the Crawford Museum in Cleveland, was also sold to the public.

Ironically, R-5643 was really the last Studebaker automobile completed in South Bend, as the production order shows the build date as 12/26/63 and the car was still in the plant on 12/31/63, as evidenced by the note by a worker found in the trunk of the car a year or two later by the owner. Of course, Avantis were not assembled on the regular line nor in that building.
          Cars are often not sold in the order that they are built. The next to last one built could have been the last one sold. Too bad about the "worker found in the trunk" .
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Cars are often not sold in the order that they are built. The next to last one built could have been the last one sold. Too bad about the "worker found in the trunk" .
            I remember we mentioned that car here before: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-from-NY-Times

Craig

Comment

Links: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...i/2300217.html

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...i/2300215.html

Also may be of interest.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...k/2300222.html

And now you have em'
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Studebaker’s for sale

63r2lark 4speed/63 avanti Rodger ward car Studebaker gave to him for winning indy 500 in 1962/64 avanti R3 last Avanti sold to public Auburn Indiana rm auction Labor Day weekend sale

Comment

Thanks, Danny.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by sidecar0_0 View Post
                    63r2lark 4speed/63 avanti Rodger ward car Studebaker gave to him for winning indy 500 in 1962/64 avanti R3 last Avanti sold to public Auburn Indiana rm auction Labor Day weekend sale
                    Already a thread on these here, with links, including the Lark:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....burn-Fall-Sale
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Hmmm. the '64 Avanti R3 Powershift R5642, is "from the John O'Quinn in Moline, IL Collection"!

Is Richard secretly Irish, and using his middle name!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Hmmm. the '64 Avanti R3 Powershift R5642, is "from the John O'Quinn in Moline, IL Collection"!

Is Richard secretly Irish, and using his middle name!
                        Ha ha, that just might be the case.
                        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
                        X