Smelly Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly Turning Wheels

Has anyone else noticed strong fumes coming from their March 2008 TW. I opened mine up to read all the great articles and I could barely keep it open in front of me. I've noticed a little smell before, but this is REALLY bad! I wonder what's going on. Killer ink?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Yep, the odor of the center color section nearly knocked me flat! I thought some horribly mildewed item had surfaced in the house somehow. Let it air out on the patio overnight, seemed to help. Hopefully that won't happen again!

51 Commander State Sedan
    Butler PA

51 Commander State Sedan
    Butler PA

Comment

Yep, the odor of the center color section nearly knocked me flat! I thought some horribly mildewed item had surfaced in the house somehow. Let it air out on the patio overnight, seemed to help. Hopefully that won't happen again!

51 Commander State Sedan
      Butler PA

51 Commander State Sedan
      Butler PA

Comment

I had to go back and sniff to smell what you were talking about. The color page ink does have a different smell but it didn't yank my attention when I first perused it.

I bet you guys received it weeks earlier than I did and the ink was fresher.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I had to go back and sniff to smell what you were talking about. The color page ink does have a different smell but it didn't yank my attention when I first perused it.

I bet you guys received it weeks earlier than I did and the ink was fresher.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I get mine by first class mail in an envelope and did not notice any oder/smell or fumes.

Comment

I get mine by first class mail in an envelope and did not notice any oder/smell or fumes.

Comment

Yes, nasty! I'm going to throw my next few issues in my car while in storage for the rest of this winter and see if they repel mice! They might make sleeping bags out of the Bounce sheets, but this will kill them. Seriously, what's with that odor, ink wrung from old socks?
                quote:Originally posted by Scott

Has anyone else noticed strong fumes coming from their March 2008 TW. I opened mine up to read all the great articles and I could barely keep it open in front of me. I've noticed a little smell before, but this is REALLY bad! I wonder what's going on. Killer ink?
                [img]

Comment

Yes, nasty! I'm going to throw my next few issues in my car while in storage for the rest of this winter and see if they repel mice! They might make sleeping bags out of the Bounce sheets, but this will kill them. Seriously, what's with that odor, ink wrung from old socks?
                  quote:Originally posted by Scott

[img]

Comment

I haven't received mine yet. But it sounds ok to me as long as the this years coverage of the PSMD issue smells like rubber.[]
                    Gordon

Comment

I haven't received mine yet. But it sounds ok to me as long as the this years coverage of the PSMD issue smells like rubber.[]
                      Gordon

Comment

I just got my febuary copy on the 18th. For some resone it takes a long time to get to South Alabma. I thought I forgot to pay my dues. Doug M

Comment

I just got my febuary copy on the 18th. For some resone it takes a long time to get to South Alabma. I thought I forgot to pay my dues. Doug M

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the smell right away too, it really stinks. But it's well worth putting up with it for all the good content it has.

Dave Bonn
                            Valencia, PA
                            '54 Champion starliner

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the smell right away too, it really stinks. But it's well worth putting up with it for all the good content it has.

Dave Bonn
                              Valencia, PA
                              '54 Champion starliner

Comment

Working...
                              X