Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo Advertisement posted by SNM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo Advertisement posted by SNM.

Forgive me if this has been posted here before.
    I want to thank the SNM for posting this Gran Turismo Hawk ad on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hB1tEM8_C8

Funny, the ad is pretty close to how I envisioned my life becoming when I bought my Hawk at age 18.
    I'm glad they left out the part where the water pump failed near Mohican State Park and Dad came to the rescue 5 minutes after we got up enough nerve to make out in the back seat. On the plus side, I did wear a white dinner jacket pretty often in that car.

Ah, Mansfield memories. Hopefully you will only have the good parts this September!
    Andy
    62 GT

That's a hot mama.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nice to se a gal with taste for class!
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

Nice ad.

But I now see why I've never qualified to own a GT Hawk -- I've never had (or even worn) a white dinner jacket.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

I would like to know more about the Champ pick-up that is fading out just as the Hawk clip starts...

Are my old eyes playing tricks on me, or does it look like there is something across the top of the grill - maybe letters like those proposed on the concept drawings?

Comment

The lettering is defintely on the front of the grille shell, that has to be the prototype in the advertisement. The Cadillac, Lincoln Continental and Ford Thunderbird are all 1961 models.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
              The lettering is defintely on the front of the grille shell, that has to be the prototype in the advertisement. The Cadillac, Lincoln Continental and Ford Thunderbird are all 1961 models.

Steve
              I also noticed that the other cars are 1961 models. I assume that they could not get 1962 models at the early date that this ad film was made.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X