Stu Chapman October Collectible Automobile Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Chapman October Collectible Automobile Article

I'm not sure this was mentioned yet. Got my issue in the mail at noon and looked in the index and was surprised to see Stu by a Stude! article by Patrick Foster.
    Also Studebakers at Indy in the 30's article by Richard Quinn.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 07-19-2019, 04:16 PM.

Well deserved. Nobody worked harder to keep Studebaker alive than Stu Chapman, though as we now know, nothing could have stopped the board from shuttering the automotive division.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Congratulations Stu!! This is a well deserved tribute to you and your efforts on behalf of Studebaker and this club.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

These are both great articles. The one by Richard Quinn contains lots of detail and photos of the 1930s Studebaker Indy cars, including the #37 car that the SNM hopes to acquire in an auction next month.

Comment

What is the cover date of that issue?
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
            What is the cover date of that issue?
            October 2019 issue, mailed to subscribers on July 16th and scheduled for newsstands August 6th.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it locally.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I just received a copy of the October Collectible Automobile from the publisher and am absolutely thrilled with so much Studebaker coverage.

Richard Quinn's excellent article on Studebaker's racing cars of the 30s is so timely, particularly with the auction of the late Bob Valpey's #37 Indy racer which the Studebaker National Museum hopes to soon own.

Then of course I am very honored to be the recipient of the Personality Profile of myself in this issue. Although I did see an advance proof of Patrick Foster's work I had no idea of all the photographs the magazine was using. Lots of great memories there. And thank you to Roger Hill for planting the seed for this article.

Stu Chapman

Comment

'Finally found a copy at Barnes & Noble a couple days ago; the same place that didn't have any when I first checked.

The Quinn article and Stu Chapman Personality Profile interview are superb; so well-done and insightful. Stu pulls no punches assinging proper credit [blame, more accurately!] to those who tanked Studebaker automotive production. 'Way to go, Stu!

What a great issue with a nice diversity of Studebaker content. Well worth finding and buying.

Thoroughly enjoyable all around. Congrats, Dick and Stu. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                  X