Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    OK guys, I took a ride yesterday on Fla.44 from Crystal River into Inverness and I did not see a weasel along either side of that stretch of the road. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    if that $2500 weasel ever turned up again, i'd probably get a winch and trailer and go get it.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
    Yup, I'm real close to Florida highway 44 from Crystal river all the way to the east coast. I haven't seen a weasel along the roadside anywhere on that stretch of road in the last 7 years I've lived here. I do remember there was a weasel listed on one of the sites that was located in Inglis Fl., but I never checked it out. Inglis is very near here also but I rarely travel that area. I'll be on 44 again tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a ride to have a specific look. Bill
    Thanks for the reply. That Weasel probably got moved.

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Yup, I'm real close to Florida highway 44 from Crystal river all the way to the east coast. I haven't seen a weasel along the roadside anywhere on that stretch of road in the last 7 years I've lived here. I do remember there was a weasel listed on one of the sites that was located in Inglis Fl., but I never checked it out. Inglis is very near here also but I rarely travel that area. I'll be on 44 again tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a ride to have a specific look. Bill

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I bet if it was painted an unusual color, you'd remember it, especially if you had to resell of it.

Craig
    The vast majority of what we took in trade was wholesaled out for what we had in the units. We only kept the cream of the crop for our used car lot. Also, the Sales Manager only wanted Chrysler products on the used car lot even though we took everything in on trade. Once, on the Sales Manager's day off, I took in a very nice Camaro. I put it for sale out front that afternoon. By the next morning, the Sales Manager had wholesaled it to another dealer. Over the next few days, I got calls on that car from people that knew that it was here or knew that we took it in trade.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I usually remember all sorts of details about a vehicle, except color. I am not color blind. I do remember the colors of the 100+ cars that I have personally owned. Where I last worked, the Sales Manager used to fool with me on this. I would go out and evaluate a trade in. I would come back in and give him year, make, model, miles, condition in and out. Then he would ask what color it was. I had to go back out. He was just messing with me because it did not make much of a difference.
    I bet if it was painted an unusual color, you'd remember it, especially if you had to resell of it.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Was it painted white?
    I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I usually remember all sorts of details about a vehicle, except color. I am not color blind. I do remember the colors of the 100+ cars that I have personally owned. Where I last worked, the Sales Manager used to fool with me on this. I would go out and evaluate a trade in. I would come back in and give him year, make, model, miles, condition in and out. Then he would ask what color it was. I had to go back out. He was just messing with me because it did not make much of a difference.

EDIT: It was off the north side of this east west highway (probably route 44).

EDIT II: There is someone that frequents this forum that resides in Crystal River. He could probably check for it.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    The last Weasel that I remember seeing, other than at a Studebaker meet, was parked near the highway between Inverness and Crystal River in Florida.
    Was it painted white?

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    I saw a Weasel in operation once. It was being driven by a drunken police officer in Denton Texas.
    I don't remember it exactly that way... musta been Loy! Somewhere, there's a pic... OOPS!:

Beauty and the Beast:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Denton24.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1728798

Click image for larger version

Name:	Denton18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1728797
    Last edited by Studedude; 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    I got to go for a ride in Tom Molnar's weasel at the engineering building. Quite a ride! I'll have to order that book, thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Many of us had a blast riding around in John Benter's Weasel at the North Central Zone Meet a number of years ago.

I posted photos of his Weasel here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ype-paint-Jobs

Craig

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    We had a picnic years ago for the Garden state chapter and So,Jersey chapter , Anyway a gentleman brought one on a trailer and we had a blast riding in it around the Clines tree farm , I was surprised how quickly it could get moving , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    I am blessed (mostly that the Mrs. allowed me) to own a 1944 Weasel here on our British Columbia mountain property. I can attest that in very deep snow, one simply points it up hill and it just goes where it's pointed. With a two speed Clark differential, it is practically unstoppable with six forward and two reverse gears.The 170 CID flathead just purrs beside you keeping you warm to boot.
    Tons of fun!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    It was $16.11 from Amazon if you want the book itself. It's $11.00 if you want to download it a tablet device. https://www.amazon.com/Weasel-Tracke...gateway&sr=8-1

It's probably available from other sources like Barnes & Noble as well. For an interesting book on a Studebaker that's little known outside of Studebaker circles it's very affordable.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    I love it! These vehicles and other Studebaker ventures/affiliations are fun (for me) conversations to engage in at cars shows and cruise-ins. Other related ventures, like pocket watches, STP, The WWII bomber engines, Gravely, Paxton, etc. Some folks will be very attentive, but others will give you that blank stare and their eyes sorta glaze over as they walk away in disbelief or bewilderment.
    You don't know how much I love it when at a car show I can point out a Shelby that needed a genuine Studebaker part to make it go faster!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=shelby

Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X