Lending a "real" hand to those in need.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Another idea/thought/opinion.. Since this is an SDC sponsored Forum, maybe it would be possible to have a list of vendors that are paid advertisers in Turning Wheels?
    Wonder if the forum has the capacity to put little strip ad after the post in each thread. Any vendor that pays to be in TW could check a box to have their ad show up on the forum that would direct a person who clicks on the ad to their website...just a thought.

Comment

If you click on SDC Home Page the first thing you will see is "Your Guide to Over 200 Vendors" And many will sell manuals and parts catalogs.

Comment

Our moderator(s) certain isn't helping any by locking this earlier thread, when it comes to offering assistance to someone's latest inquiry: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....h-plate-frames

Not a very warm welcome, considering its only his third post, and is looking for information on this Forum. Please correct me as I don't see anything that is offensive or controversial in that thread and explain why it is locked.

Craig

Comment

Craig I got an email back from Clark about my "Report this Post" to the Moderators.

The answer is AGE! He said: "it's 10 Years Old!" I was not aware that Age mattered.

It seems that often old posts get linked to for answers to questions on current ones, but I guess we are not supposed to Post on them.

My question was the same as yours:
          "Why is this Post Closed? There does not seem to be ANY derogatory comments etc. at ALL?"
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            The answer is AGE! He said: "it's 10 Years Old!" I was not aware that Age mattered.
            Thanks Rich.

I wasn't aware age mattered, either. Because if it did, we wouldn't be driving or talking about Studebakers.

Craig

Comment

Snipe and bite at me all you like guys. Most every Forum on the internet has a policy that locks old threads so that they do not become zombies that come alive again with a different topic - like that one did. Ours is more generous than most.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                Snipe and bite at me all you like guys. Most every Forum on the internet has a policy that locks old threads so that they do not become zombies that come alive again with a different topic - like that one did. Ours is more generous than most.
                Hey, it's something for those that are not happy unless they're unhappy to be unhappy about, and they can be happy about that!
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                  Most every Forum on the internet has a policy that locks old threads so that they do not become zombies that come alive again with a different topic - like that one did.
                  Prove to us it shifted to a DIFFERENT topic. Every post on that has to do with the Studebaker dealer, Frost & French Inc., including the latest 07/23/19 post, whose car was sold new there, and seeks further information. Did it ever occur that perhaps someone who was not a Forum participant ten years ago may have a Frost & French licence plate frame they can offer him!!

Just because a ten year old post may be older than the ones posted last week does NOT mean its obsolete!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Prove to us it shifted to a DIFFERENT topic. Every post on that has to do with the Studebaker dealer, Frost & French Inc., including the latest 07/23/19 post, whose car was sold new there, and seeks further information. Did it ever occur that perhaps someone who was not a Forum participant ten years ago may have a Frost & French licence plate frame they can offer him!!

Just because a ten year old post may be older than the ones posted last week does NOT mean its obsolete!

Craig
                    Craig

Sancho Panza is on record that the windmill is about to win this one so why don't we just let the forum policies rule and move on to more exquisite uses of your talents.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      Hey, it's something for those that are not happy unless they're unhappy to be unhappy about, and they can be happy about that!
                      It never ceases to amaze me how some people can TWIST the intent of someone else's Post to mean something entirely different.

Not a derogatory word was said my myself or Craig about the Forum's "System/Procedure" or the Moderators up to Post 35, BUT, now we have THIS!

We were only surprised to learn of the previously unknown fact about Old Posts.
                      No one is "unhappy" about anything, only blindsided and confused.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 07-25-2019, 06:24 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                      X