Nice article on Brooks Stevens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article on Brooks Stevens

Here's a pleasant article on designer Brooks Stevens, with several Studebaker mentions. (Yes, I posted a correction about Studebaker not "going bankrupt." )

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...nesday_June_26

Overall, nicely done. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

A couple of other corrections, they spelled Sceptre incorrectly and the early Jeepsters were not convertibles (no roll up windows).

EDIT: I do not plan to create an account there just to make these corrections.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

A nice and fairly informative article. A good read but nothing really new. I'm glad articles like this pop up every so often here and there. They help to keep the awareness of Brooks Stevens, Raymond Lowey and men of their like in the public mind. They earned a place in automotive history and they are very interesting stories. They shouldn't be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X