Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD! '56 Sky Hawk 289 4-bbl A/T amenable project in central PA Craigslist 6-21-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD! '56 Sky Hawk 289 4-bbl A/T amenable project in central PA Craigslist 6-21-19

Not mine. My projects are behind me.

(edit) Well, it wasn't mine when I posted it three days ago. You folks had the opportunity to save me from my affliction, but you screwed the pooch. Earnest money has exchanged hands.
    Thanks for forcing me in to this position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00F0F_Tdx5a4sxHd_1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1760690 Click image for larger version

Name:	00909_5aqvpnabdeE_1200x900.jpg
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1760691 Click image for larger version

Name:	00U0U_dLQ2p1GBTCb_1200x900.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1760692 Click image for larger version

Name:	00A0A_fT1x2nUyGp3_1200x900.jpg
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1760693 Click image for larger version

Name:	00g0g_gmM5U4CF5eJ_1200x900.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1760694

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto...913992360.html
    Last edited by rockne10; 06-24-2019, 08:24 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

You and me both might have our "projects" behind us, but being that this car is in an area with "real winters," someone must have taken pretty good care of it "back in the day." Anywhere from Virginia north, a car of this era with three or four winters commuting on salty roads would never have made it into this century. Looks like a great project for someone with enough youth, energy, and money to make it happen.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have one and these are extremely rare cars are well worth restoring if you have the wherewithal both financial and otherwise to do it.
      peter lee

Comment

A Sky Hawk is about the only Studebaker that I would like to own that I have not already owned. This Hawk is more than fairly priced (IMO). It is complete, especially important for the rare parts, such as; check mark trim, doors, hood. A few years ago, I would have jumped at this Hawk, but not anymore.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As much as I love the '56 Golden Hawk, I'd agree the Sky Hawk is one of the best-looking, best-driving K-bodies ever. This is an excellent platform for a restoration. However, we've waited forty years too late. With today's $10,000 paint jobs and $5,000 upholstery, a restoration will cost more than it will sell for at auction. If one has always wanted a Sky Hawk and has no plans to ever sell, then do and don't ever keep a ledger of how much it's costing.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Favorite Colors, Favorite Car, Unfavorable location. Always the case! With a 2K shipping cost, upside down before I could turn a wrench on it. Such is life.

Bob Miles
            Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Being as close to me as it was, about a half hour drive, I decided I had to go take a look. Very bad idea.
              Long story short, it is no longer for sale.
              It's not in quite as good condition as I had hoped but still, once the paper work's done it will be following me home.
              Looks like I'll be learning about Sky Hawks.
              First order of the day, Chassis Catalog.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Way to go Brad! You were overdue another project.

Comment

rockne10, we had ours for several years and loved everything about it before and after we "fixed it up"... Karen and I used it as our marriage and honeymoon car and that was while it was still "air conditioned" with a hole in the passenger side front floor that was big enough to put a football through ! Ran good, looked good, rode good, handled good, but the tranny was a bit hesitant to go forward the 1st thing of the morning, but that helped me develop patience, ha ! Here it is at the Parthenon Park in Nashville, TN during "show week" in 1975 or 76 I think, when we had just finished it. And yes, that is a 57 Golden Hawk hood, my stock one had went up to visit the leading edge of the roof, and guess you know how that turned out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

There IS a hood latch laying in the trunk. But shouldn't it mount to something?
                    What I thought was accumulated pine needles in the Craigslist photo, turns out to be bare ground under the radiator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00v0v_479itIgUueI_1200x900b.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1728534

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

rockne10, seems like that is where the secondary (safety) latch went. I looked thru' my old pics, but don't have one that shows it well enough, and my 55 is totally different so that's no help either. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                        rockne10, seems like that is where the secondary (safety) latch went.
                        The latch is laying in the trunk. But it needs something to bolt to.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          Way to go Brad! You were overdue another project.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

I do not see anything wrong with this car that time and money can't fix. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                              I do not see anything wrong with this car that time and money can't fix. LOL
                              Some of us no longer have the time nor money we had twenty, thirty or forty years ago. But the Studebakers continue to call, and sing to us like the Sirens who lured Odysseus to crash upon their rocks.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Working...
                              X