Saturday Night Special about to be on hold again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Special about to be on hold again

I just recently got started back on the SNS and I am making some progress. BUT, just had another set back. Man, am I ever gonna get this car going. What has been about an average of 18-20 months on a build has turned out to be a lot longer. LOL I stopped for two years after a tornado hit our house, and stopped another year after open heart surgery, and then a year dealing with a blood clot. Now at almost 75, I am so slo working, but was doin pretty good. Now, the most recent setback, is a torn rotator cup. Gotta have surgery the 15th of July. Headed out to the shop now to try and get some night work done. Hoping to get the front sheet metal on before down time again. I am not complaining, just filling my friends in. I am thankful, I have been real healthy til 70. I'll try and post progress in pictures til the surgery. Say a little prayer for me. THanks

Nothing but the best to you really like the car and the work

Comment

Good luck with the surgery. Maybe with that repair done, and healed up,you can make double progress on the SNS.

Comment

Hang in there Tex. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery and be back at the SNS real soon! Cheers, Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Tex, though I've had a rotator cuff repaired and can offer some suggestions. Do exactly what the doctors tell you to do, including rehab, and DON'T do what the doctors tell you not to do. That was the best outcome of all the surgeries I've had, so hopefully your's will be as smooth as can be expected. Good luck, Bill.

Comment

Me too.

Also have had both hips, both knees and cataract surgery....and prostate reduction. I am hoping I have done all the required maintenance for another twenty or so years at age 70.

the rotator cuff has been the longest recovery.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am still working on things and will til then.

Comment

I feel for you on the shoulder. I had complete replacement a year or so back. I now have a steel ball joint and a plastic socket. I had very little pain, but the inconvienience of the recovery and healing process was TERRIBLE! They wouldn't even let me drive for 7 weeks. I wish you Lots of luck, my friend.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                  I feel for you on the shoulder. I had complete replacement a year or so back. I now have a steel ball joint and a plastic socket. I had very little pain, but the inconvienience of the recovery and healing process was TERRIBLE! They wouldn't even let me drive for 7 weeks. I wish you Lots of luck, my friend.
                  NEIL! Good to see you back, I've been worried about ya... was thinking about giving Matt a call to check on you.

Don't be a stranger!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                    NEIL! Good to see you back, I've been worried about ya... was thinking about giving Matt a call to check on you.

Don't be a stranger!
                    Hey,Dave. Yes I'm still here. It's just that I got a new system that makes it a little harder to get to my favorite places. However, I do spend a lot of time on Facebook's Studebaker Addict's page.

I'll try to do better. NT
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

I just said a prayer for you, Tex. All the best in your recovery!
                      Mike Davis
                      Regional Manager, North Carolina
                      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

thanks Neil and Mike. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers..

Update !! Got to thinking about the rotator cuff repair. If I get it done the 15th of this month, as planned, I will be a while recovering and miss most of the time of year to work on the SNS. So, I cancelled and moved the date to Dec. 9th. Then I can recover in the cold months. Sound like a good idea??

Comment

If your shoulder isn't so painful that you can't use your arm, it might be a good thing to wait. You'll have to figure out how much you can and can't do. Good luck with the next few months and the work you can get done on the SNS. Bill

Comment

So sorry to hear there is another member going through this. I'm 68 and will have to have mine repaired again! Everything started about 4 years ago; first left shoulder reconstruction, then right, then knee replacement, arthritis surgeries on both thumbs. Thought I was good to go then last month tore the rotator cuff again. Dang these shoulders take the longest time to heal. Just starting my GH restoration. Hope you heal quickly.

Comment

I would rather be laid up during the cold months also. Until Dec 9th, good luck with the project.

Comment

Working...
                              X